Author Topic: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan - Season Three  (Read 23199 times)

Offline left4thehouse

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: The $100,000 Pyramid with Michael Strahan - Season Three
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2018, 07:12:18 PM »
And for circular..."the Pyramid Winner's area"

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2018, 11:39:08 PM »
And for circular..."the Pyramid Winner's area"
Now that is an excellent clue. :)

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2018, 10:09:15 PM »
On the September 16th episode: I am still reeling from that last Winner's Circle round for $100K. After giving a synonym during his $50K try ("a hopscotch board" for "Things You Jump") the contestant returned after a 19-19 main game tie to play for the $100K. Much time (relatively speaking) was spent on "What a Drone Might Say", and that proved costly. He passed on "People with Middle Initials", successfully used a clue of "shapes" for "Things That Are Square" ("Wow" from me), and then came back to the "Initial" subject. So close, but not a win.

I thought of "Harry S. Truman" and "J.K. Rowling" for that one. "Michael J. Fox" from Strahan might have been the winning clue. I felt bad for the contestant after his $50K mistake and after hearing that he'd practiced for so long and with so many people. He did win $24K though.

For "Things That Are Square", I thought of "a peg" and "a packaged cheese slice". "Skinny jeans" and "a high wire" were fantastic clues for "Things That Are Tight", as was Strahan's "a cigar room" for "Places with Smoke". Taking a hint from previous contestants, I would have said "grocery ones", "shopping ones", and "under eye ones" for "Types of Bags".
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:19:02 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2018, 10:34:27 PM »
Grapes: "You make wine out of me". "You make raisins out of me".
Hotel Job: Bellhop, maid, front desk clerk.
Judge: "My name is Judy and I work in a courtroom". " I wear a black rode and pound a gavel".
Bags: Gucci, grocery, Ziploc, Hefty.
Star Wars: Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Yoda.
Jump: Diving board, trampoline, the band wagon.
Supermarket: The carts, produce, tabloids, frozen section.
Insurance: Allstate, State Farm, Farmer's, Liberty Mutual

Only $71,500 was won tonight, but both "Mystery7's" were won though.
Is there someone on the staff that advises the players to "go for the obvious"?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2018, 10:48:10 PM »
For Places with Smoke, I would've said a burning building and a cigar lounge. The contestant was very creative with "undereye" for Types of Bags, it's too bad she got too descriptive saying "under your eyes." I wonder if just saying plastic, paper, and burlap would've done it for that one.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2018, 10:56:25 PM »
For Places with Smoke, I would've said a burning building and a cigar lounge. The contestant was very creative with "undereye" for Types of Bags, it's too bad she got too descriptive saying "under your eyes." I wonder if just saying plastic, paper, and burlap would've done it for that one.
Great clues there, and when I think of the word "burlap" I do think of "bag" right after that.

By the way, I thought "a double dutch rope" was a superb clue for "Things You Jump". I was surprised the celebrity partner didn't say "jump" right away after that one. Unfortunately the following hopscotch clue cost a good player the full $50K.

Offline PGS25

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2018, 11:16:38 PM »
Springtime: April Showers, May Flowers
Potato Chips: Lay's, Ruffles, Pringles
California: "I'm the Golden State", "I'm the state Los Angeles is in".
Star Trek: Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Scotty
Tractor: "I'm the farm vehicle made by John Deere".
Hot Places: Hell, Equator, Summer resort
Seafood: Fish, crab, lobster, clams
White: Snow, wedding dress, clouds

$107,500 was won tonight.
Perfect clue for world: "As The ___ Turns".
Only 1 "Mystery 7" was won.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2018, 11:33:54 PM »
On the last two episodes of Season Three: To me, the first hour plainly showed that there's no need to resort to crude humor to attempt to make the show entertaining. Enthusiastic contestants and playfully, competitive celebrities, along with a good host (as Strahan is) and a great, challenging game go a very long way.

Will we have to wait until next summer for the next season? Going by the past record, the answer is, unfortunately, yes.

Any excellent clues for "Foods You Eat With A Spoon"? Jack, a very good player, gave some great ones. How about for "Things That Are Awkward"? I came up with "a weird pause" to go along with "a blind date". Strahan's "your children's accomplishments" and "a leather bomber" were fantastic for "Things That Make You Proud" and "Types of Jackets (Coats)", respectively. Now I'm thinking "a ladies mink" and "a ladies fur".