Author Topic: FPG Year End Thread  (Read 10306 times)

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
FPG Year End Thread
« on: September 10, 2018, 02:13:15 PM »
I had fun.

When I applied to be FPG host a little over a year ago, I had thought my schedule might be changing, where I would be off on Fridays and could instantly post. That didn't happen, and while it still could, I don't want to hold out for it. Then came my car accident in October, that really threw me off. I could not be on a computer for more than about 10 minutes at a time. I am much better now, but that put me way behind for the season.

I applied for the job because I love FPG and did not want to see it die. And if no one else wanted it, I would still hold onto it the best I could. But I also promised myself that I would not let FPG interfere with my real life. But you guys also deserve more consistent results/picks updated. And I cannot guarantee that.

Therefore, I am stepping down from FPG host. Your new FPG host will be OneBidTris, who has proven himself capable on the BAV boards of running both a game, and the compendium. I am sure he will post a thread soon about how he intends to handle the season. Plus, my FPG season did not go very well last season, and I fully intend to devote that extra time into beating all of you.  :-)

Once again, thank you for putting up with me over the season. I had always wanted to host it, and I got my chance. Now, it's someone else's.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 10:39:07 AM by OneBidTris »

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: FPG Year End Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 05:45:50 PM »
Thanks for hosting, Punchy, and congrats to OneBidTris on getting the job. Looking forward to next season.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline OneBidTris

• Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 10:55:49 AM »
Thank you for the opportunity, Punchy. I've wanted to do this for a while and I'm ready to take my hand on the game. I've been thinking about what I want for this season and don't expect too much to change from last season to this season, but I do want to try some things, so look out for that at some point.

Rules should be coming out some time this week and the first game of the season is planned for October 19.

Let's get ready to FPG!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:59:45 AM by OneBidTris »

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 03:01:33 PM »
Looking forward to the new season with OneBidTris, and I can't wait to see what's in store!