Author Topic: 6-1 GSM thoughts  (Read 11652 times)

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: 6-1 GSM thoughts
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2006, 03:24:23 AM »
I thought this one definitely came out better than the first episode, although the pacing was still somewhat slow, and there were still significant SFX issues as well.  I'm not all that familiar with the set layout and SFX of the older versions (most of my experience with the show comes from the All New LMAD version from the early eighties) so this was interesting to see.  I wouldn't mind going back and watching some of the older episodes again (I think most of the ones I saw were when it was airing on USA Network back when they showed gameshows for most of the day and Hanna-Barbera junk the rest of the time.)

Offline jzion12345

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 08:44:42 AM »
After seeing Let's Make a Deal, my faith in this series has been reinvigorated. I thought the pacing, while slow, was better than TPiR. I thought the celebrities, while still not as interrested as "regular folk", were better than on TPiR. I thought Ricki, while still yelling for quite a bit, was better than she was on TPiR. I thought the set and the musical cues, while not exact, were much better than TPiR. Basically, I thought while it wasn't perfect, it was better than TPiR.

This show is not an easy one to do, but it is deffinately easier to do with celebrities than TPiR. I would rather watch this version over and over again, minus Lance Bass dancing idiotically in a bananna costume, instead of Billy Bush being schooled by Monte Hall.(Even thought that was really awesome, and embarassing)

BTW - Does anyone here think that a cameo from the original hosts of the shows, like Monte Hall, Bob Barker or Richard Dawson, would have been feasable? I know that two of the hosts aren't around anymore, and I have no idea what Jim Perry (since that's the version of set they're using, I assume, since the clip at the beginning is from his version) is doing, but the other 4 would be fun to see come in and host a little bit of each show, like Monte doing a deal, or Bob doing the inspirational putt.

Also, does anyone know why Rich was recorded for this? I know it would have taken more time out of his schedule to do these shows, but a live announcer would have really added to the authenticity to these shows. It doesn't really take from these shows, and the announcer doesn't really have much of a role other than intro in the other 5 shows. But, it would have been nice to have him live, and in place of Rusty on LMaD. What was up with Rusty anyways? Does anyone else think that he was an awkward, yet mute addition to the show?

Anyways, enought of my rant. I'm looking foreward to seeing Beat the Clock, but can't wait to see Press Your Luck, since our fellow Flashgamers had a hand in the graphics for that, and Match Game, since betty White and a few other celebrities will be participating. Although, Match Game might be awkward with Celebrities playing with a pannel of celebrities, but I digress. Enough from me.

Offline rn

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 03:21:42 PM »
I'm not used to seeing Price without Barker.  Although it was the first episode of the series, it was the worst, and there were a bit too many changes as well.  I didn't like how slow the show was going, the "return" of a game's old rules, the top 2 in the Showcase showdown going to the final round...

The let's make a deal episode was better, though!

Offline rcbought

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2006, 02:27:58 AM »

Jordan7 wrote:

Lance made the smart decision of keeping the $50,000 car,

Not really.  Whatever Lance chose to do he had a 1/3rd chance of being the big winner.  If he did go for the big deal then his odds of picking it would be 1/3 and if he didn't then the odds of someone not picking the bid deal is also 1/3.

So it is just a guess as to whether you want to put your fate in your hands or Paige and Leslie's hands

Offline OrchestraRicki

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2006, 06:51:53 AM »
Eh, what's up, Doc?  I do not know if it was mentioned in this thread, but somehow I began to wonder about Monty Hall making deals with other people after the Big Deal of the day at the closing of every episode of "Let's Make A Deal", and why Ricki Lake did not do it.  I somehow feel that she should have done that at the closing.  Why did I not think of that earlier?  Th-th-th-that's all Folks!

Hector Manuel Torres Jr.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2006, 10:15:06 AM »
OrchestraRicki wrote:

Th-th-th-that's all Folks!

You know, Tice pointed out to me recently that Porky has never actually said that.  The phrase is really something along the lines of, "bidi-abidi-abidi-that's all, folks!"
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 10:27:13 AM »
I agree with the majority, not the greastest, but it was certainly a million times better than TPIR.