Author Topic: Showcase Showdown Stats  (Read 1834 times)

Offline biskit67

• Outside in Line
Showcase Showdown Stats
« on: September 14, 2018, 03:13:58 PM »
I'm interested in some very specific stats related to the Showcase Showdown. Just for curiosity. Can anybody tell me where I might find these answers?

- lowest winning total without any contestant going over $1
- lowest winning total without a spin off (I assume the answer is $.05, but I don't know for sure)
- lowest total that required a spin off

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: Showcase Showdown Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 01:24:58 AM »
I honestly don't know exactly where to find those resources. I remember a spinoff that had a tied 5, which required a second spinoff, so that should answer that question.

Using a quick Google search for the second question, yeah, 5 cents. We had that happen this year, on May 24th, http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,28632.0.html

I'd recommend using the recaps on this site or the recaps on qwizx.com for searching for the first question. I would normally recommend Scorpz' site, but I don't think the statistics kept on the site are beneficial enough to help. tpirstats.com is the link.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Scorpz

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Showcase Showdown Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 01:36:17 PM »
- lowest winning total without any contestant going over $1

For Season 46, it was:

First spinner - 70 cents (February 12)
Second spinner - 70 cents (October 19, April 10, June 8)
Third spinner - 60 cents (September 21, November 14)

- lowest winning total without a spin off (I assume the answer is $.05, but I don't know for sure)

For Season 46, it was:

First spinner - 65 cents (November 9, December 15, December 18, March 21, May 4)
Second spinner - 65 cents (February 8, March 2, March 27)
Third spinner - as already mentioned, 5 cents (May 24)
If you exclude default wins for the third spinner, the lowest winning score was 35 cents (April 10)

- lowest total that required a spin off

Since Season 42, it was 50 cents (January 5, 2018)

Post settings modified by Steve to deactivate smileys, allowing "8)" to display properly.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 09:11:03 PM by SteveGavazzi »