Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 9/17/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Premiere)  (Read 13920 times)

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 9/17/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Premiere)
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 11:49:55 PM »
I thought this was a big letdown for a season premiere.  A season premiere is supposed to be special.  The fact that it's a season premiere should be enough to stand on its own.  But then they stuck in the Daytime Emmy celebration.  I feel like the fact that it's the first show of the 47th season got shoved aside to celebrate the Emmy.  The Emmy celebration could have and should have been a separate show.

Then the lineup wasn't as good as it could have been.  Double Prices is a weak way to start off any show, let alone a special theme show.  I don't care for a practically forced win in Pay the Rent, but if they were going to do it they should have made it the opening pricing game.

I usually look forward to the season premieres, but I feel like I got cheated this year.

I agree!

I don't watch the show that much anymore unless there's a new game or something big and signifficant or controversal  I tried real hard to get used to the Drew era.  Some shows were great, some were average, and others, yuck.  For me, especially in this episode everything is overdone.  George's enthusiasm sounds like something from the WWE.  Contestants are overly hyper.  And this episode was trying to stack in too much at once.  Price has had AMAZING SEASON PREMIRES in both Bob and Drew era.  But they didn't need the whole Emmy Thing and the tuxedos, and the "Swag gift boxes" for everyone who gets on stage.

This was a birthday party, Christmas, New Years Eve and Mardi Gras, at once, and it just turned into an overly combustible mess.  There was nothing special about it.  And you never start a show with Double Prices, that's just wrong,  Mike and crew should know that by now. 

I long for what Price used to be, rewarding smart shoppers with exciting prizes.  Too many gimmicks here.

Joe

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2018, 06:57:49 AM »
It's bad enough playing Double Prices on a season premiere, but to play it first?   :roll:

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 10:48:05 AM »
There were nine—count 'em—NINE—Pay the Rent solutions. As long as you put the allergy relief in the attic and the lotion on the second floor, you had a 75% chance of stumbling into a correct order for the other four.

Yogurt / Beets + Cocoa / Antacid + Lotion / Allergy Relief
Yogurt / Beets + Antacid / Cocoa + Lotion / Allergy Relief
Yogurt / Cocoa + Antacid / Beets + Lotion / Allergy Relief
Beets / Yogurt + Cocoa / Antacid + Lotion / Allergy Relief
Beets / Yogurt + Antacid / Cocoa + Lotion / Allergy Relief
Beets / Cocoa + Antacid / Yogurt + Lotion / Allergy Relief
Cocoa / Yogurt + Antacid / Beets + Lotion / Allergy Relief
Cocoa / Beets + Antacid / Yogurt + Lotion / Allergy Relief
Antacid / Beets + Cocoa / Yogurt + Lotion / Allergy Relief

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2018, 12:55:05 PM »
How long have they been using these particular SUV graphics in Money Game?  I don't recall seeing them before, but I could have easily missed them.