Author Topic: Another Unnamed Pricing Game Idea  (Read 1942 times)

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
Another Unnamed Pricing Game Idea
« on: September 18, 2018, 02:47:22 PM »
This game uses an interactive rectangle.  The contestant drags the edges of the rectangle so that the dimensions correspond to the prices of 2 expensive small prizes (i.e., 70 x 90 and the area corresponds to the price of a 4 digit prize (i.e., 70 * 90 = 6,300).  They win if each of the side lengths is within 10 high or low of the correct respective length, i.e., if the contestant guesses each small item's price within $10 high or low.
For convenience, the dimensions of the rectangle, each labeled with a small prize, and the total area are all displayed and updated when the contestant makes changes.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Another Unnamed Pricing Game Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 08:06:35 PM »
The use of a 4 digit prize doesn’t really make sense and would probably confuse the contestant.  In your example given, the contestant wins anywhere between $60/$80 ($4,800) to $80/$100 ($8,000).  That’s a spread of $3,200.  Plus, unless you made it painfully obvious which side goes to what prize, a $90/$70 selection loses, even though the contestant got the price of everything right. :-?

Could possibly work with a 2 digit + 3 digit prize, and make the “area” the amount in cash won.  Would be a quick cash game, for sure.

Math games are not the brightest of the bunch for contestants as well.  If “Hit Me” got retired due to math, I couldn’t see this one lasting long.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Another Unnamed Pricing Game Idea
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 12:09:23 PM »
Could possibly work with a 2 digit + 3 digit prize, and make the “area” the amount in cash won.  Would be a quick cash game, for sure.

That definitely makes more sense than my original idea.  My only problem is that it would award a bit more money for overpricing both items by $10 than for getting both exactly right (i.e., $8,000 for overshooting vs $6,300 for a perfect game in my example) and in the case of overshooting in general, you'd win more money for overshooting it by more.  Maybe double the cash for each exacta?