Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 17--THE END  (Read 32516 times)

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 17--SCSD #2
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2006, 01:52:29 PM »
And jhc, I'm afraid this just isn't going to work out.  You did win that car, though, so things haven't been too bad for you.

[color=FF0000]BONK![/color]

Now Futuregsh and Madonna, you two come back over here.  You both get one spin each, so please give me your numbers.

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2006, 02:30:38 PM »
Let's try #11 this time...

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2006, 02:51:29 PM »
And you may be getting a pretty good score here!

90¢!  He's tough, Mrs. Fenton, but 95¢ or $1.00 will beat him.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2006, 04:32:11 AM »
Wow, this will be tough... Let's try 8.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 17--SHOWCASE
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2006, 04:36:32 AM »
And here comes the dollar!  And there goes the dollar.

I'm afraid 80¢ just isn't enough.  Enjoy your ghosts, Maddy.  Future, you will be in the showcase in the not future, but present, right after the asterisks.

rcbought, you are the top winner in today's showcase, Futuregsh, you are the runner-up, and they would like to see the first showcase!

Rich:  This showcase features prizes that might be fun to drop on someone's head, and what could be more fun than plowing that irritating neighbor with this classic anvil.  The Grizzly 300-pound cast-iron anvil is perfect for blacksmiths, deranged coyote who need to catch dinner.

But in the rare event that you don't have an anvil conveniently lying around--admit it, it happens even to the best of us--you may be able to use a lovely potted plant.  From Windowbox.com, this potted peace lily tolerates the low light and dry condition in most homes, while making the indoors healthier.  The leaves are lance-shaped and the blossoms are elegant, white, and not the least bit Powerpuffy.  The pot measures 5 inches across and the plant measures 10-12 inches tall.

But what if you're allergic to flowers?  Well, then you could always drop on this a not-so-safe safe.  From Sentry, this fire-safe S8771 commercial safe measures 47.625 inches high by 25.5 inches wide by 23.5 inches deep, includes adjustable shelf, built-in wheels for mobility, and interior locking drawer.  Has an electronic lock and tubular key.

But darn, you're money's in there, and you don't want to lose it, so what to do?  Simple:  just find a couple of moving men precariously dangling from a rooftop a grand piano!  From Rawlings, this 7 foot 1 inch semi-concert grand piano with ebony polish has an incredible finish, incomparable tone, and exquisite playability.  It has a solid spruce soundboard, German hammers, 17 ply hard rock maple pinblock, wet sand cast plate, and hardwood ribs and posts.

And this showcase, featuring rather cartoony suggestions for things to drop on someone's head who might be bothering you, can be yours if the price is right!

And rcbought, do you want to bid on this showcase, or pass it to Jade?

Offline rcbought

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2006, 11:52:03 AM »
Wow.... that was fantastic Frank.... but since I already own an Anvil I will pass

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2006, 12:14:38 PM »
Then I shall bid $9,995...

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2006, 01:55:54 PM »
Thank you, rc!

[color=009900]ding![/color]

And I see Jade does not trust me at all.  But RC Cola, this is your showcase!

Rich:  This showcase starts with a lovely dining room.  From Furnitureontheweb.com, the trestle dining room set with cherry finish has ash burl veneer accent, the trestles have a wing design, and the table has a cherry veneer design on the top, and the table skirt is scalloped.  Set comes with two arm chairs, four side chairs, buffet, hutch, server, and mirror.

And just in case you're not eating sandwiches, the Wallace Italian sterling Impero 66-piece flatware set, serves for twelve people, with contintenal-sized utensils with a uniquely-designed handle with detailed etching.

And after dinner, you're probably going to need to use the bathroom, using this new toilet!  The Toto Neorest 600 toilet is a sleek, tankless, one-piece toilet with integrated Washlet seat, with the new Cyclone Flushing system, so there's no waiting for the bowl to refill, front and rear warm water washing, automatic air dryer, and deodorizer, and the lid automatically opens, closes, and the bowl flushes itself via sensor.

And while you're stuck on the toilet, it might be a good time to practice becoming that musician you've always wanted to be with this groovy saxophone!  From Keilwerth, the JK3300 tenor saxophone has a black nickel-plated body with a protective clear lacquer finish and gold lacquered keys, with mother of pearl finger buttons, and comes in a Sax Mover deluxe nylon-covered wood shell case with plush interior.

And this showcase, going from where the meal begins to where it ends, can be yours if the price is right!

rcbought, what do you bid on that?

Offline rcbought

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2006, 06:44:22 PM »
I will bid 14,000

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 17--THE END
« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2006, 09:07:39 PM »

And now, to see who has won.  Now Jade, being quite conservative, bid $9995 on his showcase.  And Jade, the actual retail price of your showcase is...

$29,220!  That's a difference of...

A lot.  I take it you're a fan of Jim Davis.  Now rc, you must be closer than $19,225 without going over in order to win your showcase.  And rc, the actual retail price of your showcase is!

$35,107!  You like Garfield too, apparently.  That's a difference of?

$21,107, and Jade, believe it or not, is the winner!

[color=009900]dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding![/color]

Who cares if it was the worst winning bid in Frank's Price is Right history... the important thing is that it was the worst winning bid!  And Jade, you have won $33,110 in prizes today, including stuff.  Frank here, reminding you to help control the ghost population:  you know who to call.  Goodbye everybody!

sideshowPA:  $42,185
Futuregsh:  $33,110
jhc2010:  $18,794
Madonna:  $11,281
rcbought:  $7966
LiteBulb88:  $2200

*This is the third consecutive episode with the showcase winner being the second half contestant.  Only the fifth episode overall where it's happened, though.

*One Away is only the third pricing game to be played multiple times, yet never won.

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »
You're right Frank, I did not trust you.  I knew that Piano could be either $9K or $25K, but figured to error on the low side, since I would not put it past you to book a showcase at $9,999 just for kicks...

And thank you for my wonderful prizes.  I can use the piano...

:)

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2006, 11:53:16 PM »
I don't get the Garfield reference.

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2006, 12:31:57 AM »
I'll admit I make obscure and not-so-obscure references in these shows, Joe, but come on:  that should've been obvious to all of us at this board, looking at the gross underbids Future and rc made .