Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/8/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Big Money Week: Day I)  (Read 10091 times)

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/8/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Big Money Week: Day I)
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 07:12:45 PM »
Uh oh , the show's website uploaded the wrong episode. They also uploaded , is what im assume , the episode that was supposed to air on Thursday ( I think )
They took it down after I watched it.

Offline WhammyPower788

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • I'm on a horse.
    • Game Show Videos
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 11:31:02 AM »
It looked off alignment to me so I thought it was the $500 flag hole. I asked during the show what it landed in, no one answered.
Looking back at my recording and a playing on YT with the $500 flag, it's definitely the sixth flag hole. The $500 flag hole is in the red bumper.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:33:21 AM by WhammyPower788 »
Visit GameShowVideos.com for lots of game show clips!

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 12:25:59 PM »
Don't they usually either leave the flags in the holes or fill the holes where they remove them (which, it seems, is usually the ones near where they putt from, not the one closest to the hole unless they made it that far)?

Which would lead to the question - could the contestant legitimately claim that she should have been given a "do-over" on that putt (not that it would have likely helped, given that the second one wasn't much better)? 

Basically since the ball was stopped when it shouldn't have been, and no one could determine what it might have done (or bounced off of) had it continued to roll.

Offline The Last Outlaw

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 01:06:28 PM »
According to G-R.net standards, no.  The big prize was $100,000.  Had she opted for the $20,000 putt and sank it, I believe it would be counted as a BAILOUT.

Please staff, if I'm wrong, let me know.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 01:40:45 PM »
Don't they usually either leave the flags in the holes or fill the holes where they remove them (which, it seems, is usually the ones near where they putt from, not the one closest to the hole unless they made it that far)?

Usually, the plan is to remove any flag that might interfere with the game -- in most cases, the flag on the first line (so it doesn't get in the way of the person performing the inspiration putt) and one or two flags near the line where the contestant putts from.

In this case -- although it's tough to tell because the windmill teleports back and forth within edits -- the sixth flag would've gotten in the way of the blades' rotation. So it had to be removed.

(I was going to attach a screen shot where you can see how the OLIVES flag would've gotten in the way if the windmill had been in the correct place, but it appears that attachments aren't allowed in this section?)
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline SanAnMan

• In Contestant's Row
  • Always look on the bright side of life.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 03:20:21 PM »
I just now caught that change myself watching this episode again. When Hole In One is first revealed, the windmill is in its correct place, immediately over the hole. After the grocery items are described, the windmill has moved back a bit, most likely to allow the 6th red flag to not interfere with the blades. It remains in this back position until that 6th flag is removed, then it cuts back to the windmill after Drew offers the bailout option, and it's back in the correct place. I can only assume the windmill was moved by a stage hand or such.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:23:11 PM by SanAnMan »