Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/12/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Big Money Week: Day V)  (Read 7406 times)

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/12/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Big Money Week: Day V)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2018, 01:43:45 PM »
Due to the misleading opening, they accidentally changed the win criteria for Pass The Buck today. It was the equivalent to saying at the start of a regular playing that you could win "a car and $8,000 in cash".

It's fine to open Gas Money that way because you fall into the money as you win the car. It actually reminded me of The Phone Home Game, which was also very difficult to win due to $15,000 being touted as the top prize.

If they left the distribution alone, I would have been fine with them announcing $25,000 during the opening.

If I remember correctly, all George says is that you have a chance to win such-and-such amount of money. And that is true.

It is, but there's a reason they didn't open Punch-A-Bunch before they got rid of the Second Chance slips with an announcement for $25,900 as the max prize.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/12/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Big Money Week: Day V)
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2018, 10:26:36 PM »
Page size is back to normal.  In case anyone was wondering, Adam didn't close the "Big" tag around the total winnings at the end of the recap, and instead of just staying active for the remainder of his post, that apparently makes it affect everything the whole rest of the way down the page.  That seems to me like something that shouldn't be possible, but it evidently is.

Due to the misleading opening, they accidentally changed the win criteria for Pass The Buck today. It was the equivalent to saying at the start of a regular playing that you could win "a car and $8,000 in cash".

Not really.  Win requirements don't change when you play a game for a different prize, so if anything, they embellished the $25,000 (which functioned as the "car") by adding in the values that corresponded to what are normally $5,000 and $3,000.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.