Author Topic: A question about wiped shows  (Read 2310 times)

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: A question about wiped shows
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2018, 05:41:47 AM »
Was the episode with the "Art Fleming would never lie" incident part of that, or was that actually among the episodes that were saved and either GSN didn't show or I missed it when they did? I'd love to have seen that episode in its entirety.
To the best of my knowledge, that episode is only known about by word of mouth, so I'd assume it to be daytime (and thus, most likely gone). AFAIK, only the last two years or so of the daytime run was saved (one source I'd seen pegged the cutoff date to April 24, 1978, claiming everything from that date forward was intact).

Offline danderson400

• In the Audience
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2018, 07:25:09 AM »
To the best of my knowledge, that episode is only known about by word of mouth, so I'd assume it to be daytime (and thus, most likely gone). AFAIK, only the last two years or so of the daytime run was saved (one source I'd seen pegged the cutoff date to April 24, 1978, claiming everything from that date forward was intact).

As we've seen with The Doctors and The Joker's Wild(CBS era) you never know...

Offline pricefan18

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2018, 10:17:20 PM »
If you mean of the CBS version, GSN aired it including the ten unaired episodes around late 2002. The last season of the actual original version (NBC, 1962-69) is pretty much kaput.

He didn't, he meant the last season of the 60's version that I had mentioned supposedly existing on some old tapes along with some Jeopardy and Concentration in that era.