Author Topic: Closed captioning plugs  (Read 2468 times)

Offline rowlande

• In Contestant's Row
Closed captioning plugs
« on: November 26, 2018, 09:12:50 PM »
What’s the need for the CC plugs when there is regular commercial breaks. before season 28 there wasn’t any on the show. ABC dont have them in any of their daytime shows. And TPIR is not syndicated just wondering
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:16:10 PM by rowlande »

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Closed captioning plugs
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:41:55 PM »
[in Vince McMahon's voice] It's all about the money!  :oldlol:

Offline rowlande

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 09:46:21 PM »
TPIR must be a very profitable show for CBS than 2 CC plugs is redicolus though. Maybe the show could take the products that are used in the commercials and use them in GP games to give the show more airtime
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:49:21 PM by rowlande »

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 10:28:11 PM »
Daytime TV is making less money, not more. If CBS doesn’t take certain measures to maximize profits, they could come under fire from shareholders. Becoming part of the world’s fifth-largest entertainment company comes at a price. And I imagine advertisers are willing to spend far more on a full-fledged commercial than for a few seconds of prize copy.

I’d love to see what Drew could do with 44 mins of runtime, but that genie left the bottle a long, long time ago. It ain’t coming back.

Also, I can’t imagine the reason we don’t see many sponsored GPs anymore is because the show wouldn’t LIKE to display sponsored GPs. That’d be on the sponsor’s end.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline rowlande

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 10:56:27 PM »
Yeah the show is still 38 to 40 minutes excluding commercials

Offline GobGlom

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 10:14:53 AM »
Daytime TV is making less money, not more. If CBS doesn’t take certain measures to maximize profits, they could come under fire from shareholders. Becoming part of the world’s fifth-largest entertainment company comes at a price. And I imagine advertisers are willing to spend far more on a full-fledged commercial than for a few seconds of prize copy.

Monty Hall, in an interview with emmytvlegends.org, more or less laid out how sponsored products worked with Let's Make a Deal and it stands to reason it works similarly with Price. Simply put, if an item costs $300 but a copy read only costs $50, you'd have to show that item 6 times before it would be paid off.

ABC could be footing the bill for captioning whereas CBS isn't as willing, leaving it up to the programs themselves.