Author Topic: I like Drew Carey, but there's one thing about him that bothers me  (Read 562 times)

Offline bagels

• Outside in Line
More often than not, when it comes to games with grocery items (like Pick A Pair) or small prizes (like Half Off), Drew will list off most, if not all items. By doing this, it makes George Gray's job look pointless. What's the point of having George when Drew names off the items? It makes me feel bad for George. I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Online PayingTheRent

• Glory days.
Re: I like Drew Carey, but there's one thing about him that bothers me
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 12:40:00 PM »
It makes me feel bad for George.

George rakes in at least hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for a sweet gig I envy like crazy.  I hardly feel bad for him.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Ready to spin the Big Wheel?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 12:50:40 PM »
Drew's just having some fun. George certainly has work to do otherwise, with prize/showcase descriptions.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline RedWing512

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 02:25:12 PM »
More often than not, when it comes to games with grocery items (like Pick A Pair) or small prizes (like Half Off), Drew will list off most, if not all items. By doing this, it makes George Gray's job look pointless. What's the point of having George when Drew names off the items? It makes me feel bad for George. I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Using that same logic, what's the point of even saying anything PERIOD, since the product names are usually listed underneath each one?

George is fine.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 03:59:08 PM »
George reads the product descriptions, whether they're detailed because its a sponsored product or a generic description.