Author Topic: Bob to Skype in for his birthday!  (Read 1511 times)

supersaver87, gamesurf and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline nbuckler14

• Walking the Golden Road
Bob to Skype in for his birthday!
« on: December 05, 2018, 06:39:48 AM »
Was scrolling through Facebook and Antenna TV shared this link. It's airing, of course, December 12th. I'm glad he's able to join the celebration some how for his 95th birthday, can't wait to see it!
This is Nick Buckler speaking for The Price is Right, a MARK GOODSON TELEVISION PRODUCTION!!!!  (catches breath)  Stay tuned for The Old and the Reckless on most of these CBS stations!

Offline Plinkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Bob to Skype in for his birthday!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 07:50:23 AM »
Thay's neat! I'm finally attending a set of tapings next week- one of which is on Bob's actual birthday! I think it would be neat to finally get to come on down on the same day Bob turns 95!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 12:07:36 PM »
Very nice to see that he'll make an appearance and they're acknowledging his birthday even if not physically there. Was the episode taped before or after his recent hospital visits?

Offline RedWing512

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 12:36:40 PM »
Very nice to see that he'll make an appearance and they're acknowledging his birthday even if not physically there. Was the episode taped before or after his recent hospital visits?

According to the calendar on priceisright.com, the episode was taped on October 2nd. I'm too lazy to reference where that slots in regarding to what happened to Bob, but I'm sure somebody will know.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 02:52:30 PM »
I can't wait to see his appearance on the show a week from today!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 03:47:09 PM »
According to the calendar on priceisright.com, the episode was taped on October 2nd. I'm too lazy to reference where that slots in regarding to what happened to Bob, but I'm sure somebody will know.
I found October 22 as the date he went in before his most recent hospitalization, so it was before.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Ready to spin the Big Wheel?
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 04:14:39 PM »
Looking forward to it. :)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline b_masters8

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 03:57:25 AM »
I'm sure many here think it's unlikely (IINM), but I certainly hope (w/less than a week to go now) that Bob does not pass on in this last week before his 95th. I mean, TPIR has gone to all this hoopla for Bob (a 95th birthday cake, Bob on Skype, etc.), that to have him pass on with one week to go would be such a waste.

After all, upon the great Beverly Cleary's 100th birthday, all manner of hoopla was used to mark that milestone, and she didn't pass on (she's 102 now).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 04:02:11 AM by b_masters8 »

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 07:11:15 AM »
I'm sure many here think it's unlikely (IINM), but I certainly hope (w/less than a week to go now) that Bob does not pass on in this last week before his 95th. I mean, TPIR has gone to all this hoopla for Bob (a 95th birthday cake, Bob on Skype, etc.), that to have him pass on with one week to go would be such a waste.
I wouldn't call it a waste, more of a "last hurrah". Just have Drew pre-record something to the effect of "we taped this back in October, consider this our tribute to him, we'll miss him" etc. and they'd be covered (something like Bob did when Johnny passed, basically).

Offline b_masters8

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 08:05:42 AM »
I wouldn't call it a waste, more of a "last hurrah". Just have Drew pre-record something to the effect of "we taped this back in October, consider this our tribute to him, we'll miss him" etc. and they'd be covered (something like Bob did when Johnny passed, basically).

That's a great point! They'd cover their bases with no problem at all if such a thing were to happen.

Offline GameShowKid

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 08:31:59 PM »
Does anyone reading remember when Bob, the models, and the audience gave an on-air greeting to Bob Hope on the occasion of his 95th birthday? :)  If I recall correctly, Bob made a joke saying he WAS the dark-haired fellow who was thrilled to have Mr. Hope as a guest on Truth or Consequences. That was 20 or so years ago. Wow.

Offline b_masters8

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 04:51:13 PM »
Do you think that this 95th birthday celebration for Bob will have Grand Game to where you start at $9.50, then get to $95, then $950, then $9,500, and for the last all-or-nothing step, $95,000?

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 05:04:48 PM »
No

Offline b_masters8

« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 05:12:05 PM »
No

Just a thought-- I thought they'd do anything and everything to celebrate Bob's 95th.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 05:48:36 PM »
Just a thought-- I thought they'd do anything and everything to celebrate Bob's 95th.
Up to the point of wasting the budget? I don't think so.