Author Topic: Bob to Skype in for his birthday!  (Read 9975 times)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: Bob to Skype in for his birthday!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 07:03:30 PM »
If they were gonna offer a near six-figure sum there’s better ways to do it than Grand Game anyways

Idea #1: Replace every non-dollar space on the Big Wheel with 95, lock players into spinoffs indefinitely until somebody finally hits the dollar

Idea #2: “Ninety-Five Price Tags”

/s
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline roadmasterbear

• Outside in Line
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2018, 07:39:34 PM »
Of course there could always be the ever popular hole in one or 95... If they miss the first putt, they have to start over at the young and the restless. But seriously it will be great to see Bob. I got to shake his hand 20 years ago and will always consider that to be one of the greatest moments of my life.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2018, 09:39:56 PM »
Idea #1: Replace every non-dollar space on the Big Wheel with 95, lock players into spinoffs indefinitely until somebody finally hits the dollar
/s

How about make the 95 space green and make it worth $95k in the bonus spin like they did with the 45 space in season 45?

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 09:56:55 PM »
How about be happy with what we're getting?

Online b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 06:12:36 AM »
How about be happy with what we're getting?

Great point-- I think I'll just be glad that Bob's 95th is being celebrated in the first place, and if there is anything special, enjoy it while it's there.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »
Let's just be glad that Bob is still here with us. He is 95, you know.

And how about this idea: 9 1/2 Double Prices?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 02:59:29 PM by tpir04 »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 02:30:21 PM »
Randy West is saying the Skype thing is fake and that Bob won't make an appearance tomorrow. We shall see.
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 04:39:33 PM »
Randy West is saying the Skype thing is fake and that Bob won't make an appearance tomorrow. We shall see.

I've been wondering about that myself.  All I've seen for that story is one internet "source" I've never heard of that just took PR photos from the CBS press website, and CBS has said nothing about him appearing by Skype.  Looks like it may just be a photo on the screen, or a prerecorded video at best.  As you say, we shall see.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 05:15:32 PM »
I've been wondering about that myself.  All I've seen for that story is one internet "source" I've never heard of that just took PR photos from the CBS press website, and CBS has said nothing about him appearing by Skype.  Looks like it may just be a photo on the screen, or a prerecorded video at best.  As you say, we shall see.

I figured if there were any camera bits, it would be pre-recorded.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Sizeman

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2018, 05:28:07 PM »
Remember: Bob doesn't know how to use a computer. He's analogue.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2018, 05:40:34 PM »
Either the Skype thing a wash or Mike and company has pulled off one of the greatest surprises in game show history
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2018, 08:09:39 PM »
I'm sure a) someone could set it up for him, b) with camera technology, someone from a local CBS affiliate could just part with a cameraman for 20 minutes. This isn't the days where they had a cameraman following Harry Truman while riding on the back of a handtruck with a large camera.

As for the topic at hand, wash or not, I prefer the fact they are celebrating Bob's 95th birthday, it shows how much they care about him still.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 08:12:19 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2018, 08:27:04 PM »
I'm kind of surprised no one has asked Roger on his Facebook page for any confirmation that I've seen. There always seem to be people asking him questions left and right.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2018, 10:25:28 PM »
I’m less excited now that I realize that’s just a photo or screenshot of Bob behind Rachel, taken from the last few moments of the closing credits when Bob appeared on the show for his 90th birthday. I knew that looked familiar. I just wasn’t able to place it until now. Well, like others have said, at least the show is acknowledging Bob’s birthday in some way!

Offline nbuckler14

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2018, 06:11:16 PM »
Well, sorry for the misinformation, I thought if Antenna TV shared it it might be true, but oh well.  I am still glad the show took the time to celebrate this milestone of a birthday for Bob. :)
This is Nick Buckler speaking for The Price is Right, a MARK GOODSON TELEVISION PRODUCTION!!!!  (catches breath)  Stay tuned for The Old and the Reckless on most of these CBS stations!