Author Topic: When will the pre-empted shows air?  (Read 6042 times)

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
When will the pre-empted shows air?
« on: December 06, 2018, 11:48:38 AM »
Exactly what the title says, when will the shows that were pre-empted this week be aired?
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: When will the pre-empted shows air?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 12:38:36 PM »
When they air. Probably early summer.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 01:54:24 PM »
So it's two shows in a row now that we won't get to see this week...mainly because of the Bush funeral.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 02:03:57 PM »
The earliest we could probably see the 2 shows that were preempted is the week of March 11 , theres only 1 new episode that week on the schedule.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 03:19:57 PM »
The preemptions just happened. They’ll figure it out when it makes sense for them.

Sometimes big news happens. Game shows, soaps and the like take a back seat.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 03:41:48 PM »
The preemptions just happened. They’ll figure it out when it makes sense for them.

Sometimes big news happens. Game shows, soaps and the like take a back seat.

You should tell that to the people in the Facebook comments, who are angry that Price was preempted again.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Online b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 04:18:50 PM »
You should tell that to the people in the Facebook comments, who are angry that Price was preempted again.

Especially as CBS News was at a "private" funeral!! I thought "private" meant "closed to news media"; apparently I was wrong! After all, they were already at the public one in Washington, so why did they see the need to be at the private one too?!

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 04:42:16 PM »
Especially as CBS News was at a "private" funeral!! I thought "private" meant "closed to news media"; apparently I was wrong!

In this case, "private" meant that it was by invitation only.  A media pool was invited by the family to cover it.

Online b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 05:31:25 PM »
In this case, "private" meant that it was by invitation only.  A media pool was invited by the family to cover it.

Did not realize! Shows how much I know.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 09:13:00 PM »

A frighteningly high number of those folks were entirely unhinged.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 10:26:35 PM »
The 5/17/2018 episode aired out west, although the second Showcase Showdown and most of the first Showcase were pre-empted by coverage of the Bush casket being put aboard the train.

As for when the new episodes will air, I assume that as soon as CBS decides, the airdate list will be updated. The only remaining days before the end of June that I can think of when they have repeats scheduled but could air new episodes are March 19 and 20.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 12:27:09 PM »
Thursday's episode featured mention of Hanukkah. It is possible they may bump a show from this month to the summer in order to air it and keep it relevant.

They did something similar last year when pieces of the Breast Cancer Awareness special were preempted due to coverage of the Vegas Country Music Festival shooting. They bumped a show from two weeks later to put the special in its place.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 05:57:02 PM »
Thursday's episode featured mention of Hanukkah. It is possible they may bump a show from this month to the summer in order to air it and keep it relevant.

They did something similar last year when pieces of the Breast Cancer Awareness special were preempted due to coverage of the Vegas Country Music Festival shooting. They bumped a show from two weeks later to put the special in its place.
Then again, back in 2015, a Cinco de Mayo episode was bumped to August because it included a trip to Nepal and would have aired right after a severe earthquake there. I assume they kept the Breast Cancer Awareness episode in October because it was the focus of the entire episode, rather than just being mentioned.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 11:27:31 PM »
We as a nation are mourning the death of a president, regardless of his political views. On the other hand, TPIR will be on CBS on other days. Case in point: Where are their priorities?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 08:47:11 AM »
In the last three weeks, only eight new episodes have aired.

Is that a mid-season record low?
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024