Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 12/18/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Holiday/Pet Adoption Week: Day 2)  (Read 7437 times)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 12/18/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Holiday/Pet Adoption Week: Day 2)
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2018, 10:06:12 PM »
I wonder if they'll go back to the bag and the chips rather than the hopper and baseballs to make things easier. Maybe they can repaint the chips to look like baseballs.

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: TPiR Recap - 12/18/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Holiday/Pet Adoption Week: Day 2)
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2018, 01:19:44 AM »
Drew handled the 3 Strikes Cheater perfectly.  I was actually annoyed when she won $1,000 on the wheel and then the Showcase.

The red strike balls are so much better.  In this game, you have to know immediately if the ball is a number or a strike - especially when you are down to one of each on the final draw.  Can they instruct the contestant to face Drew and quickly pull the ball all the way out of the bag?  The contestant has to draw the balls in my opinion; not Drew or a model. 

While we are on the topic, can we please see more 3 Strikes this season?  The new design is great and can't the show do less $13,000 trips to Canada to afford more 'luxury' cars?  I hope The Cheater doesn't translate to seeing the game less in the second half of the season!
Bob actually used to instruct contestants to keep their head up and facing toward him when drawing out of the bag in 3 Strikes.  Besides the infamous incident with Toni in early 1992 does anyone else remember the earlier occurrence where a cheater attempted to gain an advantage in 3 Strikes?  It happened back around 1986 or 87 when there were still only 4 numbers in the price of the car.  In that instance, Bob caught the contestant and instructed her to keep her eyes looking upward on future drawings.  I believe she lost in the end.