Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 12/24/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Family Reunion Special)  (Read 7913 times)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 12/24/2018 (TPiR Season 47 Family Reunion Special)
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2018, 10:02:57 PM »
Good show overall, maybe three was too many at once on-stage and two quickies in a row with Pick a Number being the second half car game was a let down but otherwise it was a pretty fun hour.

I was right that Triple Play would be on today's show since it wasn't played last week and there were 3 contestants. The set-up was pretty easy, although I understood going for the most expensive tag on the last car since the third tag wasn't that much higher than the price of the second car.

Pretty tough choice between the cocoa and the cleaner for the product with the Vicks to avoid in Grand Game. I thought the cocoa though since it was Starbucks. And yes, it would've been nice to play it for $30,000.

$42 for a water bottle?

I disagree. Triple Play has always been about the spectacle of there being three cars on the stage, not what the quality of those three cars might actually be. I'd rather see Triple Play for three unimpressive cars and a fair setup than three more desirable cars and a brutal setup.
I agree, Triple Play is just about having three cars to play for. It would be a major disappointment if they played Golden Road for a vehicle below $60,000 or 3 Strikes for one below $40,000, but Triple Play is the same no matter what the cars are.

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2018, 01:27:28 AM »
Am I the only one who dislikes Pick-A-Number?  I think this game should've been retired about two decades ago.  Watching a test pattern is more entertaining than this pricing game.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2018, 09:29:50 AM »
Well, at least we got to see something that's increasingly rare nowadays: Triple Play being first. But to see three regular cars instead of a variety of them is, to say the least, disappointing. What happened to the small/medium/large arrangement? Granted, each family member would get one car if they had won, but this was a snoozefest.

I see the Grinch was out in full force that day, with no cars being won, but at least Switch?, Push Over and Cliff Hangers got good results.

Offline Gerald78

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2018, 02:37:02 PM »
Am I the only one who dislikes Pick-A-Number?

Nope.