Author Topic: Your TPIR wishes for 2019  (Read 25430 times)

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Your TPIR wishes for 2019
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 09:33:25 PM »
Can we not get into Drew-bashing again? Time and time again we have had these arguments about Bob vs. Drew and whatever else. I think by now we understand everyone's opinions on the matter and shouldn't waste time repeating it.

Agreed.

Going back to the subject at hand, while it involves asking for something that won't happen (but what the heck), however, I would like to see another Million Dollar Spectacular.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline tpir2002

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2019, 09:54:58 PM »
Better Big Money Week than this seasons. Big Money Week for years has always offered " $4 million " each week each season.

How about increase it to $10 million for that week?? My ideas

In addition to giving cash equivalent to each game.

Plinko played for $1,000,000,  Punch A Bunch played for $500,000, Pay The Rent for $1,000,000, Grand Game played for $250,000,
plus have some luxury cars pop up. Like a Porsche, Lexus, or an Audi.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2019, 10:32:38 PM »
They already play Plinko for $1,000,000 on Big Money Week.

Offline Estil

• In the Audience
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2019, 10:59:15 PM »
There was.  Trust me.

What exactly?  I thought the only reason he got fired was stupid office politics or something...

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2019, 12:58:21 AM »
Those games weren’t charming and memorable just because of their gameplay, but because of other intangibles in their set or presentation that couldn’t be replicated on a monitor. Super Saver had the cool board with the trilons, Bump had the models winding up and the props actually flying around, and Mystery Price... never really was able to figure out how to be uniquely charming.

It’d be like bringing back Penny Ante without its set. Nobody misses Penny Ante because of its gameplay. Its gameplay was lame. What made it so memorable was the inventive camerawork, the wubba, the chase lights, the giant pennies—the whole shebang. If they can’t make a hypothetical Penny Ante set that’s at least as cool as the original, I’m fine with it staying retired.

That’s Too Much exists to be a quick car game, and its retirement would mean more Gridlock/evil L7 setups/quickies played for cars. I wouldn’t want to play it either, but it serves a needed purpose.

Same for Pick-A-Number, though I don’t think we need to see it as frequently as we do.

We won't see a truly evil Lucky $even setup until zeroes start popping up in the prices.  I don't recall there ever being a zero in my memory of L7 (which goes back to about 1986)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2019, 03:57:01 AM »
What exactly?  I thought the only reason he got fired was stupid office politics or something...

I suppose that's true in the sense that Rich Fields was stupid and what could loosely be called "office politics" were involved.

That said, it's not my place to explain to everyone exactly what happened, because whoever does decide to leak it (and I'm sure someone will eventually) is automatically going to make Rich look very dumb.  Until then, you're just going to have to take my word that there are reasons they got rid of him, and those reasons were good ones.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2019, 05:29:11 AM »
So Rich wasn’t fired just because he was way over the top?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2019, 02:54:07 PM »
Nope.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2019, 03:37:51 PM »
Wasn't there something about him pestering someone about his contract renewal, and said person deciding, or having some influence on his contract not being renewed?

This is a faint and possibly mistaken memory... Not trying to spread a falsehood, just remember reading something along those lines.
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2019, 03:44:41 PM »
Agreed.

Going back to the subject at hand, while it involves asking for something that won't happen (but what the heck), however, I would like to see another Million Dollar Spectacular.
Me too!

Offline easy1

• Outside in Line
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2019, 06:56:54 AM »
I'd like to see at least one perfect show & DSW since neither has happened yet this season and I'd like to see 3 Strikes either get a win with it's new look or bring back the old look. 

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2019, 10:40:34 AM »
A Couple of Things:

1.) Stop having Drew having to say hi to George on every opening episode.

2.) Ditto for "Don't go away" before every commercial break.

3.) Making Stack the Deck easier, more like Let Em Roll GP stet-ups.  Doing this would actually make the game fun.

Joe
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:48:30 AM by MrPlinko »

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2019, 10:43:01 AM »
Stop with the Plinko playings for a huge top prize.

Haven't watched for awhile.  What are they now doing with Pinko?  Is this only for Special Shows?

Joe

EDITED by Steve to fix the quoting.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 09:51:29 PM by SteveGavazzi »

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2019, 11:36:21 AM »
Every so often they jack up the center slot in Plinko for special occasions, most recently $50,000 on Christmas week, $35,000 for Plinko's 35th anniversary, and $200,000 during Big Money Week so they can advertise Million Dollar Plinko.

The trouble is that not one person ever seems to hit the big slot during those special episodes--and it's been going on for years and years now. It's always awkward when they offer $1,000,000 but the contestant only ends up winning $2,100.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline jaywilliams

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2019, 07:51:58 PM »
Something that we have not seen on store shelves in about 15 years, a Price Is Right home board game.
Jay Williams