Author Topic: shows with the best host entrances  (Read 5369 times)

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: shows with the best host entrances
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 05:20:11 PM »
I agree with you they should of found someone to click with Gene or let him host the whole show and Hollywood squares wasn't as fun as the 70's version.
No matter who hosted that, still would've been a mess due to Goodson's insistence on barring celebs from being briefed before the show (in every other version of HS, that has been the norm, so as to help them with their "bluff" answers). Goodson basically decreed "if thinking on your feet is good enough for Match Game, then it's good enough for Hollywood Squares too". Between that and changing the rule of "failed block means the square stays unclaimed" to "failed block means a default win for the opponent", yeah, this HS gets a thumbs-down from me.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 12:06:54 AM »
I always liked Jim Perry’s entrances. My favorites were when he would come from way out of the darkness on one side of the studio running in to get the microphone on Card Sharks.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 10:40:32 AM »
And indeed, his Sale entrance--rushing full tilt through the partially opened bonus area door to his podium as the lights came up--is another good candidate that I'd forgotten earlier.