Author Topic: Skunked during PCH week?  (Read 2490 times)

Offline ssetta

• Walking the Golden Road
Skunked during PCH week?
« on: January 08, 2019, 06:34:09 PM »
I'm just wondering what happened if no pricing games are won during Publisher's Clearing House week. How do they handle the $20,000? Do they bump it up to $40,000 on the next show? I remember when they first started and played Plinko every day they did that.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Re: Skunked during PCH week?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 07:29:53 PM »
I might be recalling something different but I seem to remember one time where no pricing game was won, they awarded it to the Showcase winner.

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 07:40:25 PM »
I might be recalling something different but I seem to remember one time where no pricing game was won, they awarded it to the Showcase winner.
What happens if there's no pricing games won and a double overbid in the showcase?
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 07:52:08 PM »
That was during the very first PCH week you are thinking of - Plinko was played every day, with a growing jackpot each day the center slot was not hit. Since it was only hit the first day for $20,000, they awarded $25,000 to the showcase winner on Friday’s show.

As we’ve seen in the past, they take the necessary steps to ensure a win happens (remember Pathfinder being setup easy?). I would guess that it would be awarded to the showcase winner if a pricing game wasn’t won, but I doubt anyone here knows officially what would happen if there was no showcase winner as well.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 07:53:30 PM »
PCH would award the 20k to Mike Richards.

Which would explain the one-win solution in Pay the Rent and the evil Lucky Seven setups. :biggrin:
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!