Author Topic: Pass the buck  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Davidnumber

• In the Audience
Pass the buck
« on: January 15, 2019, 05:56:15 PM »
I’m just curious as to why the pass the buck grocery podium is pushed out of the way as they walk towards the main board 🤔

Online b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Pass the buck
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 03:45:52 AM »
I’m just curious as to why the pass the buck grocery podium is pushed out of the way as they walk towards the main board 🤔

Because they're done with that portion of the game, IIRC.

Offline DYC

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 11:33:43 PM »
I’m most likely in the minority but I feel that the eggcrate display should be updated because contestants’ incorrect (grocery) choices aren’t easily as apparent in the reveals as they could be. Isn’t this the last eggcrate display left on the show? Sentimental value aside, an update would add an overdue visual pop to Pass the Suck’s presentation.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 11:59:54 PM »
Isn’t this the last eggcrate display left on the show?

No.  Spelling Bee, Line 'em Up, Switcheroo, Take Two, Check Out, Race Game, and Magic # all utilize eggcrate displays as well.

Online b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 03:50:25 AM »
Sentimental value aside, an update would add an overdue visual pop to Pass the Suck’s presentation.

What about having the price turn green if it's a correct price, and red if it's incorrect?

Offline Ted

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 09:05:06 AM »
What about having the price turn green if it's a correct price, and red if it's incorrect?

Like in the program I wrote to help me memorize the prices? If they do that, can I sue them? ;-)

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• In Contestant's Row
  • Third person to ever see the new studio
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 12:15:49 PM »
They'd have to change the display for that, because the eggcrate bulbs are only one-color incandescents. If they wanted to add something like a tri-color bulb to the eggcrate, they'd have to completely redo the display, which would inevitably lead to replacing it with an LCD.

I personally love the old eggcrates, but they do look a bit dated.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did

Offline DYC

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 07:56:59 PM »

That’s what I was thinking. Of all the games that still use eggcrate displays, Pass the Buck’s use of it leaves a lot to be desired.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 08:13:37 PM »
Of all the games that still use eggcrate displays, Pass the Buck’s use of it leaves a lot to be desired.

I always thought the sliding "buck" looked pretty cheesy, even in the analog days.  Replace the eggcrates with an LED display that runs the length of the counter, and you could make an animated graphic out of it.