Author Topic: Favorite win cues  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Favorite win cues
« on: January 12, 2019, 01:10:34 AM »
One of my favorite modern win cues is the car alarm sound used when someone on H2 found the key that started the car. Hearing that car alarm sound just excites me. I remember only one instance where someone had tried for the car multiple times but failed. Then they eliminated all the bad keys except one.

It would've been cool if I could've gotten a clean copy of the win cue on Hollywood Squares with John Davidson. I think there had been a music cue along with some alarm sound.

Sale of the Century: Love the alarm sound used when all the bonus prizes are won. It's also used on Scrabble when someone wins the Scrabble Sprint by getting 2 words right within 10 seconds or less.

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Favorite win cues
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 01:25:38 AM »
Supermarket Sweep.   The bells and sirens used when contestants found the product in the market with the $5,000.00 in 60 seconds or less.  This sound effect was also used when the tag for the power prize was found in the late 80s kids' show Fun House.

Offline RJSchex

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 02:01:42 AM »
One of mine, in terms of music (not sound/visual effects) was the bonus-round win cue used on "The Joker's Wild" during the 1977-78 season (also, apparently, used during the 1974-75 season on CBS). It was a Dixieland-sounding number, composed by Alan Thicke.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 03:30:46 AM »
That Dixieland win cue on TJW was awesome. Same goes for the 4 note game win cue on TTD, along with the longer fanfare used when a player wins the car, or wins the bonus round. I noticed that Scrabble used about maybe 4 different fanfares.

Super Password had some great ones as well.

Honorable mention goes to the music cue used on the "Hot Potato" pilot when the winning team made it through the 5 questions to double their bonus round winnings to $6,400. The same cue was used on Play the Percentages when the bonus round was won.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 11:23:11 AM »
The special winning theme on Sale of the Century that played whenever the champion won everything plus the grand prize cash jackpot, as well as when they won the car or $10,000 off the Winner's Board; it had a nice triumphal quality to it. 

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 12:28:25 PM »
The special winning theme on Sale of the Century that played whenever the champion won everything plus the grand prize cash jackpot, as well as when they won the car or $10,000 off the Winner's Board; it had a nice triumphal quality to it.

.......and end thread!!!!! (I almost mentioned this one!) The late Mitt Dawson, who worked on the SOTC crew, managed to save this cue after the show wrapped production...if you want to hear it clean, here you go!

Not a valid youtube URL
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:30:57 PM by Chief-O »

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 12:34:50 PM »
Another one is when a kid on Wheel 2000 wins the bonus round. Lots of alarms & sirens.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 12:37:13 PM »
.......and end thread!!!!! (I almost mentioned this one!) The late Mitt Dawson, who worked on the SOTC crew, managed to save this cue after the show wrapped production...if you want to hear it clean, here you go!

Not a valid youtube URL
love the ending to this cue

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 01:28:41 PM »
When $1,000,000 was won later in season 1 of $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime.  Everything about the winning sequence, including the epic win theme, clangs, sirens, and pyrotechnics (and of course confetti) made it to me one of the best game show winning sequences:

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 04:22:03 PM »
The obligatory “Press Your Luck” inclusion and “The Joker’s Wild” from 1990 had a good one.

Offline left4thehouse

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 03:41:00 PM »
The '75- '83 WOF puzzle solve and the $otC $3K Winner's Board (sometimes used as an Instant Bargain music bed) on my side.

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• In Contestant's Row
  • Third person to ever see the new studio
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 08:09:19 PM »
There's one Classic Concentration win cue that I have always loved. (I have not, however, watched enough episodes of the show to remember if they ever did use it.)

The cue I'm thinking of has a revamped trumpet riff as opposed to the standard version derived from the main theme.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 12:41:55 PM »
One of my favorite modern win cues is the car alarm sound used when someone on H2 found the key that started the car. Hearing that car alarm sound just excites me. I remember only one instance where someone had tried for the car multiple times but failed. Then they eliminated all the bad keys except one.

It would've been cool if I could've gotten a clean copy of the win cue on Hollywood Squares with John Davidson. I think there had been a music cue along with some alarm sound.

Sale of the Century: Love the alarm sound used when all the bonus prizes are won. It's also used on Scrabble when someone wins the Scrabble Sprint by getting 2 words right within 10 seconds or less.

I meant to make a reference to the car starting on Hollywood Squares with John Davidson