Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Lowest Priced Prize Packages Offered

(1/2) > >>

jhc2010:
It is always amazing to see contestants who are unaware the show does not offer items up for bid that cost less than $500.

What is the low threshold for pricing games? Has the show offered a prize or prize package in a pricing game THIS SEASON for less than $5,000? I tried to do some digging on this and could not come up with an exact number to put at the low end of the possible prize price range.

SuperSweeper:
We haven’t had a pricing game offer less than $5,000 since Season 42.

There have been a few packages this season in the $5000-6000 range, but not too many. Your best bet is usually in the two-prizers, like Bargain Game and 1 Right Price. All three of Check Game’s prizes this season have also fallen in this range.

The cheapest package that I could find was a $5,408 dining room package in Bullseye, which was offered in December 10th.

Source: Scorpz’s site (tpirstats.com)

Estil:
I remember years ago when I felt the same way about contestants bidding $2000+ on IUFB's when at the time they never went above $1999.  Sort of like how people sometimes bid over $1000 when the two prizes are never above $999...though the second prize is nearly always $999 or closely below that.

TPIRighteous:

--- Quote from: SuperSweeper on January 14, 2019, 02:19:50 PM ---All three of Check Game’s prizes this season have also fallen in this range.

--- End quote ---

Of course, Check Game's total prize package is always worth $7,000-$8,000. :lol:

PatrickRox80:
If you really want to get extreme, the fourth taped episode offered a stereo worth $280 in Double Prices. I don't think there ever was a pricing game that offered less.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version