Author Topic: Chances of previous models dropping by...  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
Chances of previous models dropping by...
« on: January 24, 2019, 07:34:37 PM »
This sort of goes along with my other post about showing old clips... But concerning in-person appearances.
Do you think there is any chance of previous models like Janice/Diane/Holly ever making a guest appearance on the current show?  I think all 3 filed some sort of lawsuit after their departure but the person targeted in the suit (Bob) is not longer part of the production.  It'd be great to see any of them again but I wonder if there is too much ill will toward the show or if Fremantle would even allow it.
Contestant - May 2, 2003 and played One Right Price - Won trips to Montreal and Mazatlan!

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: Chances of previous models dropping by...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 07:40:07 PM »
None.
Zero.
Zilch.
Ever.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 07:41:31 PM »
Well then it's settled.  LOL
Contestant - May 2, 2003 and played One Right Price - Won trips to Montreal and Mazatlan!

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 09:12:18 PM »
For the remainder of Bob's lifetime, almost certainly no.  Afterwards, there may be at least a small chance.  We shall see. 

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 12:16:13 AM »
The only former model I could maybe see making an appearance is Anitra, given that she seems to have left on good terms and was recently a central subject on To Tell The Truth. But also consider that most viewers under the age of 50 would have no clue who she is.

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 12:18:30 AM »
For the remainder of Bob's lifetime, almost certainly no.  Afterwards, there may be at least a small chance.  We shall see.

Hypothetically... Season 50 Celebration, Bob is no longer with us (perish the thought),  I could see Janice stopping by since she WAS an original model. She is sort of the "Carol Merrill" of Price. 

... and Anitra too?  That would be kinda cool.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 12:50:41 AM »
While I guess it's wait and see, I doubt you'd see any of those past models even after Bob is no longer with us.  Not so much personal, but I don't think Fremantle, CBS, or the show would allow it or see it as being necessary the past models make an appearance in any way shape or form.

IMO, they've all been off the show for 20-25 years and at least several of the primary viewers would not have a clue who they are
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline GobGlom

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »
Carol Merrill made an appearance on the current "Let's Make a Deal" so the possibility is there. But many Price models were in legal battles with Barker so that bad PR might be something CBS doesn't want to haunt them.