Author Topic: Buzzr to Air Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour Episodes on February 17th  (Read 3950 times)

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Re: Buzzr to Air Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour Episodes on February 17th
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2019, 04:11:37 PM »
Davidson was bad, especially when he did Pyramid. He looked so clueless.

Well, at least we agree on something! 😄

As for everything else, we'll just have to agree to disagree (Now THAT'S paraphrasing from the Hollywood Squares!) and move on.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 04:30:17 PM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQ_RRwCfhY )

Offline b_masters8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2019, 04:08:40 AM »
Peter Marshall would have made the show more watchable, and squeezed some sort of life out of a bad format.

Oh, no doubt about it-- it's for good reason why Peter was always billed as "the master of The Hollywood Squares" when he was in there from 1966-81 on NBC and in syndie. Just as Wink Martindale has been the TTD expert (and remains so to this day, even to the point that he's done several home games of TTD recently which have been posted on YouTube), Peter has been the HS expert (as I say, for very good reason).

Offline Gerald78

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2019, 11:55:21 AM »
Remind me why Mr. Marshall didn't host this version?  I think I read somewhere that he declined the offer?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Peace, man.
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2019, 01:42:50 PM »
Reportedly, Peter Marshall was very interested in hosting the Squares half, but someone at NBC saw potential in Bauman and picked him for the job.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."