Author Topic: CSS Results for 02/01/2019 (Game 83)  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
CSS Results for 02/01/2019 (Game 83)
« on: February 01, 2019, 05:33:43 PM »
SC1 has been known for a couple days. Research though can be overrated, as I was convinced it would be a low 30k SC. Instead it was 29 with yet another DSW avoiding ending from Mike. Those patterns can be noticed by us though, and Tris ended up with the rare EXACTA / GOTC combo. Hooray!

SC2 had a huge truck (SuperCab huge - at least 35k). Atlanta with no hotel was scary but it was pointed out to me later that it was probably Super Bowl hotel prices - so that explains some of that big ARP, too. Phat snipes 2K for this cash.

Normal shows aren't going away yet though, we'll see what Music Week has in store soon.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: CSS Results for 02/01/2019 (Game 83)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 06:58:17 PM »
What do you mean Showcase one has been known for a couple days?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 09:07:30 PM »
The first showcase was posted onto YouTube early.

Sent from my LGL39C using Tapatalk

"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 03:54:42 AM »
So how was this CSS not deemed “spoiled”?

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 08:26:09 PM »
So how was this CSS not deemed “spoiled”?
Because neither the ARP nor anything else that hinted at it were spoiled.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:29:14 PM by TPIRFan2000 »
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 08:43:59 PM »
Only one to over on that souped-up SC2. Classic silverice.
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline priac

• 10/10/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »
I’m not trying to be argumentative, simply trying to learn what triggers a spoiled CSS game and what doesn’t.

For example, last season Feb 2018, a trip to Slovenia was featured in some type of promo and we were told:

‘For next week: whenever Slovenia shows up in a showcase, that day's CSS will be cancelled. If it ends up being Friday, I will double Thursday's playing as the end of the week. Thank you.’

And no ARPs were revealed in that instance.   So, my question: if the revealing in advance of a trip triggered a spoiled CSS game last Feb, why wouldn’t an entire showcase revealing two days in advance trigger a spoiled CSS as we had on Fri?  In neither cases ARPs were mentioned in promo spoiler. 

Plus, who knew the showcase One prizes were revealed a couple of days in advance of airdate?  I certainly didn’t.  I found out after the fact.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:56:40 PM by priac »

Offline WhammyPower788

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • I'm on a horse.
    • Game Show Videos
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 05:22:08 PM »
For example, last season Feb 2018, a trip to Slovenia was featured in some type of promo and we were told:

‘For next week: whenever Slovenia shows up in a showcase, that day's CSS will be cancelled. If it ends up being Friday, I will double Thursday's playing as the end of the week. Thank you.’
IIRC, in that case, we had a picture of a contestant's difference on the SC podium.

EDIT: No, we had a shot of one contestant's podium saying "OVER," and the other's blank (AKA the other one won).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 05:30:47 PM by WhammyPower788 »
Visit GameShowVideos.com for lots of game show clips!

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 11:50:07 AM »
I think for Slovenia we knew the thousands digit or something, which was too much of a hint
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 06:43:53 AM »
From Da Rulez:

The CSS will not be played if...

4. There are spoilers emanating from network press releases or local newspapers which divulge winning amounts. Information released by either the network or the show itself, which reveals showcase prizes themselves, without prices, may be valid at the discretion of the Host.

As the one who originally wrote that rule, allow me to provide a little background.

The rule was written in response to the large number of cancellations during Season 9- when the rule stipulated that any information released- even just a picture of one prize- caused a cancellation. However, the intent of the rule was to cover just that- one or two prizes leaked, not entire showcases. Entire showcases, even without prices, in my opinion, still provide too much of an advantage to those who follow the show on social media or go looking for spoilers, and if I were still hosting, would have been grounds for cancellation.

Ultimately it's up to the Host, though. Since Wayoshi has decided that the information leaked provided no extra advantage, this game counts.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.