Author Topic: A little discussion about how to and to NOT report typos  (Read 31643 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
A little discussion about how to and to NOT report typos
« on: February 03, 2019, 11:23:11 PM »
So, I don't want to do this, but I have to now.

I have been grateful to be recapper for 5 of the last 7 seasons of The Price is Right. However, it's pretty public knowledge that I don't have a DVR or TiVO for any show recording device. My parents have never owned them and as a result, I've never used one.

Typos are part of trying to ensure a recap gets done every day. I am open to being called out for them on the site. Golden-Road.net is a Simple Machines forum. They have a PM feature and as recapper, you can call me out on the thread itself. It is part of being a public figure.

That said, there are limitations to these rights. Someone who is a member of this site has taken  it upon himself to contact me on social media after I asked him to stop several times during 2018 to stop contacting me via email to correct typos. I wake up this morning and find him yet again, this time on Facebook Messenger. This is where I draw the line.

If someone wants to tell me about a typo on social media, it's limited to the inner circle of G-R.net members I have on Facebook. That is their right and it's fine with me. That said, finding my Facebook and reaching out to me is absolutely unnecessary. That said, if it happens again, it will be noted here in person to who that is.

Leave typo notes to PMing me on the site or responding on the thread. It's easier. I do read the threads regularly after I've posted the recap as part of it. I don't think it's asking too much. .

Please leave it to that.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline BDE

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: A little discussion about how to and to NOT report typos
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 03:58:26 PM »
I'm not on Facebook (and I don't wish to return there). If I see typos, I'll mention them here, not on any social media platform.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: A little discussion about how to and to NOT report typos
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 11:27:07 PM »
I'm not on Facebook (and I don't wish to return there). If I see typos, I'll mention them here, not on any social media platform.

Dude, this thread has been here for nearly two years.  There is absolutely no conceivable reason you should have thought it was being addressed specifically to you or that you needed to reply to it.

You've made three posts in the last 24 hours, and I've now had to call out two of those three because of blatant stupidity.  You're on thin ice.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.