Author Topic: Still Reaction Shots  (Read 6708 times)

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
Re: Still Reaction Shots
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 04:54:11 PM »
I bet some of the same people were on the crew of both shows in studio 33.  I have a feeling they got a new "toy" in the control room that captured still frames and thought it would be fun to somehow use it.  Card Sharks also used Price's losing horns/tuba cue which kinda demonstrates how certain aspects crossed over.
Contestant - May 2, 2003 and played One Right Price - Won trips to Montreal and Mazatlan!

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 08:16:44 PM »
While watching Card Sharks with Bob Eubanks, I noticed that show also used still shots before throwing to commercial after players play the Money Cards. I wonder if the same any of the same staff worked on both shows since they were both taped at Studio 33.

This specifically had to have been Paul Alter's decision; he did initially work that version of CS (Breslow eventually replaced him).

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 10:15:32 PM »
Alter worked on Card Sharks in 1986. He also began his run at Price that year. The still shot I saw on today’s Buzzr episode was very poor. The shot of the contestant was off-center but a good shot, but Bob Eubanks was center screen with his eyes half open looking horrible. It was definitely added live by the director moments following the result of the game.

Are there any other game shows that used this effect for any part of their run?

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 12:05:48 AM »
I bet some of the same people were on the crew of both shows in studio 33.  I have a feeling they got a new "toy" in the control room that captured still frames and thought it would be fun to somehow use it.  Card Sharks also used Price's losing horns/tuba cue which kinda demonstrates how certain aspects crossed over.

Eubanks' Card Sharks also used Big Banana, Match Game Hollywood Squares' Hour, and a few other car cues used on TPIR.  They also used the same winning bell, and whoops for car wins.  Quite a few other Mark Goodson produced game shows also used the same sound effects.  For instance, Body Language used the MRRP buzzer to indicate time was up or a guess to a puzzle was incorrect.