Author Topic: Fade the theme music out please...  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
Fade the theme music out please...
« on: February 12, 2019, 06:06:57 PM »
Anyone else notice on the occasions when Drew has a small speech at the beginning of the show, (ie: "this week we're celebrating the Grammys...") they continue to play the theme music underneath him the entire time?  Just a little distracting with music playing and the audience still cheering. Not sure why the audio guy (or producer or whoever) thinks this is a good idea.
Contestant - May 2, 2003 and played One Right Price - Won trips to Montreal and Mazatlan!

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Fade the theme music out please...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 07:59:13 PM »
Haven't they always ran the theme music underneath?  When Bob would talk to the models during a playing of Most Expensive, the music would run the entire time they were talking.  The same thing happened when Janice wanted to punch the punchboard - the music ran the whole time.  Doesn't seem very different to me?

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 09:21:13 PM »
Haven't they always ran the theme music underneath?  When Bob would talk to the models during a playing of Most Expensive, the music would run the entire time they were talking.  The same thing happened when Janice wanted to punch the punchboard - the music ran the whole time.  Doesn't seem very different to me?
Yes, but in those days they'd slightly lower the volume on the music. It'd still be there, but not drowning out Bob/Janice/etc,

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 09:35:24 PM »
I'm talking about the very beginning of the show.  Bob wasn't drowned out with music when he talked.  An example would be the intro to the 15th Season in this clip:

Not a valid youtube URL
As opposed to now, I've noticed they play the theme song the whole time Drew talks, when he talks extensively for a special episode like NFL, Grammys, Publishers Clearing House special episodes, etc.  It often drowns him out and seems unnecessary to me.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:45:38 PM by Drew72 »
Contestant - May 2, 2003 and played One Right Price - Won trips to Montreal and Mazatlan!