Author Topic: Announcers that fit their shows perfectly.  (Read 6661 times)

Offline rick420buzz

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Announcers that fit their shows perfectly.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2019, 12:45:16 AM »
MacDonald Carey

"Like sands through the hourglass..." Your mind will finish the rest, probably in his voice.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 02:22:04 PM »
Rod Roddy on both PYL and TPIR, as well as Soap.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 10:40:11 PM »
Gene Wood was also a great announcer for Password Plus & Card Sharks. I always LOVED the opening poems on Card Sharks like "Get those Cards! Cut them right! Win ALL THE MONEY, and your FUTURE'S BRIGHT..... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNN CARD SHARKS!!! And now here's the STAR of CARD SHARKS, JIM PERRY!!!!!" (I even LOVED the theme music, and the cool display that they used at the beginning of each episode)

An honorable mention goes to Bob Hilton for announcing on Blockbusters with Bill Cullen. Didn't he do announcing on TJW & TTD, or is my mind deceiving me?

Offline Ivoryman86

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 11:15:49 PM »
Gene Wood was also a great announcer for Password Plus & Card Sharks. I always LOVED the opening poems on Card Sharks like "Get those Cards! Cut them right! Win ALL THE MONEY, and your FUTURE'S BRIGHT..... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNN CARD SHARKS!!! And now here's the STAR of CARD SHARKS, JIM PERRY!!!!!" (I even LOVED the theme music, and the cool display that they used at the beginning of each episode)

An honorable mention goes to Bob Hilton for announcing on Blockbusters with Bill Cullen. Didn't he do announcing on TJW & TTD, or is my mind deceiving me?
He did both shows to finish off the 1979-80 season of both shows, he also announced the unannounced finales of Play The Percentages and Joker Joker Joker.

Offline danderson400

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 03:25:20 AM »
Both Bill Wolff and Johnny Olsen, in my opinion are two of the best announcers in daytime, bar none.  For example Wolff's way of saying "Another World in color is brought to you by Secret(P&G product)" is one thing, but Olsen's style was more unique.  Johnny's description of two sterling silver bars, a trip on your very own private railroad car! (all aboard!), a beautiful mink coat, and "the most luxurious gift of all, take a look at this new CADILLAC Coupe de Ville!" Now imagine Bill Wolff or someone else like Mel Brandt, Ken Roberts, Dwight Weist or Alan Berns trying to do that the way Johnny O does on TPIR. Jay Stewart is another one. On LMAD, he might start out describing 50 dollars worth of Carl's Jr hamburgers, but then.."this sparkling new Cadillac Convertible!"