Author Topic: Press Your Luck Returns!  (Read 162 times)

Josh444, PatrickRox80, Flerbert419 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Peace, man.
Press Your Luck Returns!
« on: Today at 04:16:55 PM »
This is quite the surprise.  One of the most-loved classic game shows, complete with Big Bucks and Whammies, is back!  Casting details are here.  According to Buzzerblog, the word on the street is this is going to be taped for ABC, which will be a nice addition add to their "Fun & Games" lineup.

Overall, I can't wait for the show to return.  I feel it is the one classic game show that will adapt well to the modern age.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:19:17 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline tpir04

• In Contestant's Row
  • Double Prices is the BEST game.
Re: Press Your Luck Returns!
« Reply #1 on: Today at 04:32:42 PM »
Kudos to ABC for renewing all these shows! Especially since they were the first network to drop out of the genre entirely in 1987.

Personally, I thought we were long overdue for a new PYL. Let's hope this one fares better than the 2002 Whammy! revival did.
I walk into Barker's Bargain Bar to find some deals. I notice the men's department and encounter some Temptation. I go over and look at some t-shirts trying to figure out which one is 1/2 Off. One shirt has Five Price Tags on it for some reason so I must go to the price scanner to find out which is the One Right Price. Next I go over to the slacks and see a sign, "2 for the Price of 1." I figure the Clearance Sale price is around $40 each. Seeing that it's a good deal, I Take Two. Time is running short, so I hurry over to the shoes department to see if I can Pick a Pair for my meeting tomorrow. I find the perfect shoes, hurry back to the Check-Out and hand the clothes to the clerk so she can ring them up. She tells me the Actual Retail Price for all the items, and I discover...

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

Have a nice day.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 62 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:53:06 PM »
Actually the dropped out of the game show genre in 1991 after they canceled the Ross Shafer Match Game.
The real definition of "fake news": a Huey Lewis tribute band.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:13:59 PM »
Actually the dropped out of the game show genre in 1991 after they canceled the Ross Shafer Match Game.
And said Match Game was the only game they did post-'87.

Online imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:59:29 PM »
Except some show less than a decade later about millionaires.