Author Topic: Game shows you'd like to see on Buzzr in the near future  (Read 11117 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Game shows you'd like to see on Buzzr in the near future
« on: February 10, 2019, 10:03:13 AM »
With Buzzr's recent acquision of the MG-HS series, I'll ask you: IF Buzzr had access to any existing game show, what would you like to see? Although an unrealistic request because of the many banned episodes, I'd like to see 1970s and 1980s episodes of TPIR. Also on my list would be what's left of the 10K Pyramid, Cullen 25K Pyramid and the 1972 TJW.

Thoughts? Comments?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 10:13:15 AM by tpir04 »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Game shows you'd like to see on Buzzr in the near future
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:37:32 AM »
-any version of High Rollers; Wink's version would be most likely given it is completely intact as far as I know, but if they could pull out as many of the surviving tapes of either Trebek version, that would be great 

-Scrabble, to compliment Sale 

-Davidson Squares, given it's been a while since we've seen it 

-Wipeout 

-Whew! 

-James' Catch Phrase 

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 11:36:22 AM »
The 1989 Now You See It.It was THAT bad, was it?
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 12:27:15 PM »
The 1989 Now You See It.It was THAT bad, was it?

I've always found the 1989 version's format superior to the 1974-75 version's.  From what I've understood over the years, Chuck Henry felt his performance was poor or it would damage his reputation as a news anchor.  Still, from what has gone on YouTube over the years, I find the game quite the intellectual exercise, on par with Jeopardy!.

I, too, would also love to see Scrabble on the network.  I really love playing along with it and figuring out what the words are based on the clues given.

I'd also like to see the 1990-91 era of Match Game.  I've enjoyed what I've seen on YouTube over the years and even though Match-Up takes away from the humor aspect of the show, and it really determines the outcome of the game compared to the two main rounds, the half hour is still very enjoyable to watch.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 02:27:43 PM »
I know it didn't last very long, but as a fan of video games I wouldn't mind seeing Starcade.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 02:30:37 PM »
Bullseye with the late Jim Lange.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 06:48:03 PM »
I know it didn't last very long, but as a fan of video games I wouldn't mind seeing Starcade.

i know this isn't Buzzr, but http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/series/starcade there's plenty of Starcade here (by the current digital rights owners)

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 07:49:10 PM »
Oh, wow...I didn't even know about that. Thanks for the heads up. :)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 08:23:56 PM »
Definitely classic TPIR episodes. But before any of that can we please get Buzzr in Canada?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 10:58:31 PM »
Since Fremantle produces the current version of Double Dare for Nickelodeon, I wonder if they would be able to air reruns of the original versions on Buzzr.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 08:43:57 AM »
Definitely classic TPIR episodes. But before any of that can we please get Buzzr in Canada?

With the CRTC’s strict rules on cable channels, plus a Canadian game show channel being available, it is unlikely. The only real way to get Buzzr (other than perhaps online) is to move to a city near the range of a US station and pick it up over the air. Windsor, ON or perhaps Niagara Falls are really the only places.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 10:22:09 AM »
I'd try Sarnia. I live east of Detroit, Michigan near Port Huron and Sarnia is just across the water from there. There's a Buzzr substation on WJBK, channel 2.3 out of Detroit and we pick it up quite well.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:30:22 AM by tpir04 »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 11:49:22 AM »
I am familiar with Sarnia. With digital signals not being as good as analog, I am not sure if the signal is reliable, unless you have a tall antenna. The coverage maps show Port Huron and Sarnia on the edge of reception.

Not sure if the chemical plants on the south end affect reception.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 12:55:37 PM »
The 1969-1974 run of Beat the Clock or the Narz version of Concentration if they can get the rights to either.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 05:50:48 PM »
The 1969-1974 run of Beat the Clock or the Narz version of Concentration if they can get the rights to either.

Getting rights to BTC wouldn't be an issue. As for Narz "Concentration"....I can't see why that would be a problem at this time. If "Classic Concentration" is any proof, Fremantle apparently was able to secure whatever rights (format only?) they needed from NBC. I'd have to think the only real issue at this time would be in getting the 2" tapes digitized.