Author Topic: Game shows you'd like to see on Buzzr in the near future  (Read 11141 times)

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Game shows you'd like to see on Buzzr in the near future
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 08:04:32 PM »
How much of the Narz/Wood BTC still exists? That’s the main issue.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 08:15:28 PM »
How much of the Narz/Wood BTC still exists? That’s the main issue.
AFAIK the 1969-1970 season is probably gone, but 1970-1974 is intact, and has been on GSN before.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 12:03:24 AM »
I’d like to see the 1986 episodes of Press Your Luck. You know, the ones that haven’t been aired since … 1986

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 01:24:06 AM »
I’d like to see the 1986 episodes of Press Your Luck. You know, the ones that haven’t been aired since … 1986

GSN didn't show the final three months and they skipped a whopping six episodes, three from April, and three from May.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 04:48:25 AM »
they skipped a whopping six episodes
And I'm sure some people are still mourning that oh-so-tragic loss.

/priorities

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 11:10:58 AM »
If they still exist, 70s Crosswits and Dealer's Choice would be nice to see.  And more recently, returning The Challengers, Top Card, Trump Card, Caesars Challenge, and Scattergories for at least brief runs--especially since I'm sure neither's been seen since their original airings (or, in CC's case, since its USA run ended). 

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 11:46:06 AM »
AFAIK Dealer's Choice was completely wiped by 1976 except for one or two episodes. Our good friend Wikipedia says that the 1975 version of Crosswits is fully intact. I'm guessing that the 90s series you mentioned are available because wiping was gone by then.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2019, 12:38:24 PM »
Bit of a longshot, but the short-lived 1985 John Davidson show Time Machine.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2019, 10:54:36 PM »

That may no longer exist.

Offline dmaingame

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 12:21:24 AM »
With the CRTC’s strict rules on cable channels, plus a Canadian game show channel being available, it is unlikely. The only real way to get Buzzr (other than perhaps online) is to move to a city near the range of a US station and pick it up over the air. Windsor, ON or perhaps Niagara Falls are really the only places.

Belleville and Trenton on the north Shore of Lake Ontario are well within range of television from Rochester, New York. 

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 07:29:47 PM »
I've seen some episodes of Time Machine on Youtube.  I would like to see Scattergories and Caesar's Challenge on Buzzr.

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• In Contestant's Row
  • Third person to ever see the new studio
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 09:46:59 PM »
AFAIK Dealer's Choice was completely wiped by 1976 except for one or two episodes. Our good friend Wikipedia says that the 1975 version of Crosswits is fully intact. I'm guessing that the 90s series you mentioned are available because wiping was gone by then.

I'm fairly certain that Dealer's Choice is wiped, unfortunately. That show had a hell of a great theme, though.

I'm also fairly certain that the '70s Crosswits is in fact intact. On the Ralph Edwards Productions webpage, there is a montage of clips from the show, and they are all master quality and aren't taken from any of the circulating episodes.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 10:10:41 PM »
GSN didn't show the final three months and they skipped a whopping six episodes, three from April, and three from May.

Yes, those are the ones I’m talking about. The ones that aired from about June to September 26, 1986. Some of the episodes are on YouTube, but they’re not in the best quality.

Offline supersaver87

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2019, 11:35:40 PM »

Precisely the one I'm hoping for too!

Realistically, I'd love to see Match Game '90, Narz Concentration, or Beat The Clock '02. Less realistically, Scrabble, Scattergories, Give-N-Take, or Catch Phrase.

(Dealer's Choice would be amazing too, if it exists.)

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2019, 11:53:19 PM »
I'm fairly certain that Dealer's Choice is wiped, unfortunately. That show had a hell of a great theme, though.

I'm also fairly certain that the '70s Crosswits is in fact intact. On the Ralph Edwards Productions webpage, there is a montage of clips from the show, and they are all master quality and aren't taken from any of the circulating episodes.

A shame if Dealer's Choice was wiped. That same production company gave us The Diamond Head Game and that mess unfortunately survived.

Would love to see the 70s Cross-Wits. Jack Clark was one of the few people I though was equally good as a host AND and an announcer. Some were better at announcing (Gene Wood, Jack Narz, Johnny Gilbert) while some were too good as hosts to be announcing (Wink Martindale, Regis Philbin, Marc Summers).

EDIT: I actually like Marc Summers in his current role as announcer/co-host of the new Double Dare. I was referring to when he was strictly an announcer his talents were being wasted.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:06:38 PM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won