Author Topic: Game shows you'd like to see on Buzzr in the near future  (Read 11118 times)

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Game shows you'd like to see on Buzzr in the near future
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 08:38:25 PM »
Ed Fishman is still around. It is possible he has the Dealer’s Choice tapes stored somewhere, but with them never airing on GSN, it’s a long shot.

Offline plinko2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 05:55:18 AM »
I'd like to see the $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime.

Offline jerseyfla

• Outside in Line
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2019, 07:50:32 PM »
I'm going to be more realistic since Buzzr has rights to Goodson-Todman, Reg Grundy, Al Howard, and parts of Kline and Friends and probably no one else. I'd like to see the following.

-Bruce Forsyth's Hot Streak- Good Format and a British legend in Bruce Forsyth. "It's nice to see you, to see you....NICE!"

-Scrabble- Obviously to compliment Sale of The Century and it was a great game show all around.

-Match Game 90-91-The second best version behind the legendary 73-82 version.

-Kind of a catch all for their current material but they should digitize a week from each year a show was televised. Otherwise it will be a few years before we see Big Winner's Money Game era Sale, Kennedy Password Plus, Palm Tree set Classic Concentration, Turnabout Bonus Round Child's Play, split screen end game Super Password, etc.. They should definitely do this whenever they show TPIR this way we see the different ways TPIR evolved from the 70s to now.

-They should dedicate a week where they play the first and last each of game show and their replacements (if Buzzr can get it). Like an hour consisting of the final episode of Child's Play then leading into the pilot episode of Press Your Luck, Final episode of 80s Tattletales leading into first episode of Body Language.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2019, 08:10:39 PM »
They should definitely do this whenever they show TPIR this way we see the different ways TPIR evolved from the 70s to now.

About this, I actually have a theory.....considering Classic Concentration came back after 25 years last year, and Match Game/Hollywood Squares hour has after 35 this year. Could it be Price will as well next year after 20 years off in reruns? I could see it, if they can pull it off.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2019, 11:40:38 AM »
About this, I actually have a theory.....considering Classic Concentration came back after 25 years last year, and Match Game/Hollywood Squares hour has after 35 this year. Could it be Price will as well next year after 20 years off in reruns? I could see it, if they can pull it off.

If anything, it should be done to kick off Season 50 of TPIR.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2019, 09:59:29 PM »
One thing I also wonder:  is there a danger musical rights could hold up any rebroadcasts of the Kennedy and Lange Name That Tunes should Buzzr or another network choose to pursue them?  The fact USA and the then Family Channel were able to do so without difficulty back in the day seems encouraging, but who knows if copyright laws would cover all the songs on the show these days? 

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2019, 01:33:15 PM »
The O'Hurley and Harvey editions of Family Feud

Wayne Brady's Let's Make a Deal

Whammy! The All-New Press Your Luck

Scrabble

...and, of course, TPIR!

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2019, 02:41:47 PM »
One thing I also wonder:  is there a danger musical rights could hold up any rebroadcasts of the Kennedy and Lange Name That Tunes should Buzzr or another network choose to pursue them?  The fact USA and the then Family Channel were able to do so without difficulty back in the day seems encouraging, but who knows if copyright laws would cover all the songs on the show these days?

I recall reading that the copyright laws got a lot stricter in the mid 90s, which would certainly be a factor in keeping Name That Tune off the air for over two decades.

Face The Music reran on Fam in 1995, and even then, a LARGE number of episodes were skipped. (The debut appears to have rerun on USA in 1989, but NOT on Fam in '95.) Not sure if it was due to copyright issues, tape damage, or both.

Offline dagdoggnh

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2019, 07:27:05 PM »
I agree with tpir04 regarding "Whew!".  Fremantle would have to buy the tapes and broadcast rights from Bert Sugarman first.