Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 2/11/2019  (Read 6890 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 2/11/2019
« on: February 11, 2019, 01:03:24 PM »
Episode #8621K
Aired – 2/11/2019; Taped – 12/10/2018
Models: Manuela Arbelaez, Amber Lancaster
Microphone Handoff: Manuela
First Four Contestant Seating: Left to Right

First IUFB: Desktop COmputer (Apple: Mac MIni with 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, magic keyboard, mouse, trackpad, 34in monitor); ARP: $1,896 (Amber)

JUDY ANGELO JULIA QUINTON
2000 1500 1700 1701

The winner is...
QUNINTON

Quninton, from Sacramento, California, via Elk Grove, is playing SIDE BY SIDE for a trip to Barcelona (RT Coach to Barcelona, SP for a 6n stay in a double room at Hotel Villa Emilia + daily breakfast, prviate full-day architecture tour) (Manuela).

The ARP is either $8563 or $6385.

BY  
SIDE 85 SIDE

He picks...

BY  
SIDE   SIDE
  63 85
85 63 Sorry

Second IUFB: Countertop Appliances and Kitchen Cart (Wolf Gourmet: Oven, griddle; rolling wood cart); ARP: $1,797 (Manuela)

JUDY ANGELO JULIA ADAIAH
500 350 750 600

The winner is...
JULIA

Julia is playing Punch-a-Bunch for a chance to win up to $25,000!

Item #1 (Facial Cleaning Brush) (Manuela):

$39

Guess: HIGHER
HIGHER
$65

Correct!

Item #2 (Gourma Electric Ice Cream Maker):

$300

Guess: LOWER
LOWER
$250

Correct!

Item #3 (Electric Pet Fountain):

$45

HIGHER
$85

Correct!

Item #4 (Flat Iron):

$20

HIGHER
$40

Correct!

Julia has 4 punches

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
  1. $500
    Throws it back.
  2. $100
    Throws it back.
  3. $500
    Throws it back.
  4. $500
    LOSS (Total Winnings: $940)

Third IUFB: Smartphone (64GB smartphone with HD touchscreen, turbo power battery pack, speaker attachment); ARP: $660 (Overhead)

JUDY ANGELO ZACHARY ADAIAH
500 501 487 625

The winner is...
ADAIAH

Adaiah is playing Cover Up for a 2019 Toyota Yaris LE Sedan (1.5L engine, 6-speed AT, center armrest, paint/fabric protection) (Manuela).

5 0
    7 6 9
  9 4 3 7
3 0 1 7 5
1 2 5 9 8
R O S E S

5 0
      6 9
    4   7
3 0 1 7 5
  2 5 9  
1 9 7 3 8

5 0
    4   7
3 0 1 7 5
  2   9  
1 9 5 6 8

5 0
3 0 1 7 5
  2   9  
1 9 4 6 8
1 9 1 6 8

LOSS

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Adaiah $660 90 STAY .90 *SHOWCASE*
Quninton $1,896 25 50 .75
Julia $2,737 45 80 1.25
OVER

Fourth IUFB: Ultimate Designer Clutch Collection (Modjewel: clutch with chain, 8 leather covers, 3 straps); ARP: $1,428 (Amber)

JUDY ANGELO ZACHARY CANDICE
695 700 702 375

The winner is...
ZACHARY

Zachary is playing Vend-O-Price for a paddleboard package and a trip to South Africa (Bodyglove: 11ft inflatable boards + 2 pairs of watershoes, 2 pumps, paddles and accessories; RT Coach to Washington DC then to Hout Bay, ZA for a 6n stay at the Tintswalo Atlnaitc + daily breakfast, 1 lunch, 2 5-course dinners, roundtrip airport transprotation, paddleboarding lesson; ARP: $15,891) (Manuela).

GUM
CREAM SODA
COOKIES

Zachary pulls the lever on the candy shelf, as they think it's the most expensive.

$1.29
$12.90
$5.29
$21.16
$2.99
$14.95

LOSS

Fifth IUFB: Designer Sunglasses (Fendi: 4 pairs of sunglasses: 2 for him, 2 for her); ARP: $1,675 (Manuela)

JUDY ANGELO JAZMYN CANDICE
850 750 620 925

The winner is...
CANDICE

Candice is playing BALANCE GAME for a 2018 Fiat 500 Pop Hatchback (1.4L engine, 6-speed AT, FWD) (Amber).

Bags: $485, $8000, $10000, $120000

Drew places $485 on the the scale.

Candice places $8000, $12000: 20485

Manuela places the bag on the scale...

$485
$8000
$12000
CAR

ARP: 18485

Result: LOSS

It's the inevitable limo call. Judy and Angelo have watched green and yellow players come and leave. Only one can escape, the other is going to Victory Gardens, New Jersey, but could both?

Sixth IUFB: Exercise Bike (Pro-Form: bike with HD touchscreen, 1 year of virtual coaching and set of 3lb dumbbells); ARP: $1,999 (Amber)

JUDY ANGELO JAZMYN JASON
1200 2150 1600 1400

The winner is...
JAZMYN

Double departure! Jazmyn, from Alaska, is playing Swap Meet.

Swap Digital Cameras (Olympus Pen: 16.2MP mirrorless cameras with touchscreen, 2 tripods, camera bag) (Manuela) for one of:

1. Television (55in A1 4K smart television) (Amber)
  2. Bumper Pool Table (Bumper pool table with 5in square legs) (Amber)
  3. Fridge (Side by side fridge with ice and water filtration system) (George)

Jazmyn picks the fridge.

$1599
$1599
CAMERAS
TELEVISION
POOL
FRIDGE
WIN

$1599
$2599
$699
$1599
CAMERAS
TELEVISION
POOL
FRIDGE

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Zachary $1,428 35 40 .75
OVER
Candice $1,675 10 20 .30
Jazmyn $8,396 85 .85 *SHOWCASE*

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Jazmyn has the honors...

SC1 - Adaiah

TAKE IT EASY
  • Trip to the Bahamas (RT Coach to Nassau, BH for a 6n stay at the Breezes Resort and Spa) (Manuela)
  • $2,500 for house cleaning services (Amber)
  • Party Boat (SunTracker: PB DLX 18 with 60HP ELPT 4-stroke CMT, trailer) (Amber)
Bid: $26,250

SC2 - Jazmyn

QUEEN OF THE JUNGLE
  • Deluxe Glamping Tent (Lotus-Belle: Mesh window tent with folding queen cot) (Amber)
  • Amazon Cruise (RT Coach to Iquitos, PE for a 5d cruise with upper deck accommodations courtesy of Riverfront Excursions + all meals, guided shore excursions, 2n hotel stay) (Amber)
  • 2019 Jeep Compass Sport (2.4L engine, 6-speed MT, FWD) (Manuela)
Bid: $30,200
Adaiah
$26,250
BAHAMAS/BOAT
$29,564
$3,314
BAHAMAS/BOAT
*WIN*
$30,234
Jazmyn
$30,200
CRUISE/SUV
$38,911
$8,711
CRUISE/SUV

Results: 1 out of 6
Winnings: $46,366
Biggest Winner: Adaiah

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: TPiR Recap - 2/11/2019
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 02:08:10 PM »
The first episode of Price I got to see in person... and it wasn't that great of a show. It was so cool to watch this and see myself in the audience, though!

So, I met Zachary that morning at the food stand outside at the studio entrance. He was first in line that morning and was full of energy. I told him he would get picked- and he did! I was trying to tell him the cookies in Vend-o-Price, but a lot of the audience members were screaming for him to pick the sodas.

After Jasmine won Swap Meet she told Drew she had just bought that same fridge for that same price. Drew said, "Well, we know you didn't get it on sale- good thing, I guess." When she won the whole audience went nuts- mainly because we just wanted to see someone win.

After they had finished playing Cover Up, Drew and George actually talked about the Cover Up strategy and how people never use it. He asked if anyone in the audience figured out that strategy, and there were a few people (myself included) who knew about it. Drew then saud, "See, it pays to watch The Price Is Right." I about fell out of my chair when he saud that. I swear that man channels Bob to a tee sometimes.

They had the curtains out for the fifth game. I had a sinking feeling it was going to be That's Too Much!, my least favorite game. I was pleasantly surprised when they revealed Balance Game. Would have lost it too, though.

Also, when they were moving back the Wheel after the first Showcase Showdown, they put it behind Door #1 and revealed the main Swap Meet sign. Guess they don't mind revealing an upcoming game to the in-studio audience at times.

I would just like to say that seeing Punch a Bunch in person was wonderful. Such an iconic game.

Also got to meet Quinton and his wife at a later taping. They were such a nice couple. I hated he didn't win Side By Side. Soon as they revealed the trip I knew it had to be Side By Side based on the staging. The first game I ever got to see in person!

I will be in the audience on Wednesday's and Friday's shows, so I will post about those when they air.
1,698 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline Gameshowgenius26

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:46:48 PM »
Today's episode was insane! I would not have won Cover up, Vend-o-price, and especially Swap meet myself! I banked on the 4 instead of the 1, I thought the soda or the gum combined were more expensive than the cookies because I thought the cookies were only $4 a bag as well as the soda, and I thought the pool table matched the price of the cameras and not the refrigerator. Thank heavens Jazmyn showed otherwise!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 02:02:48 PM »
All hail Jazmyn for keeping the skunk away!

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 01:14:42 PM »
The first episode of Price I got to see in person... and it wasn't that great of a show. It was so cool to watch this and see myself in the audience, though!

So, I met Zachary that morning at the food stand outside at the studio entrance. He was first in line that morning and was full of energy. I told him he would get picked- and he did! I was trying to tell him the cookies in Vend-o-Price, but a lot of the audience members were screaming for him to pick the sodas.

After Jasmine won Swap Meet she told Drew she had just bought that same fridge for that same price. Drew said, "Well, we know you didn't get it on sale- good thing, I guess." When she won the whole audience went nuts- mainly because we just wanted to see someone win.

After they had finished playing Cover Up, Drew and George actually talked about the Cover Up strategy and how people never use it. He asked if anyone in the audience figured out that strategy, and there were a few people (myself included) who knew about it. Drew then saud, "See, it pays to watch The Price Is Right." I about fell out of my chair when he saud that. I swear that man channels Bob to a tee sometimes.

They had the curtains out for the fifth game. I had a sinking feeling it was going to be That's Too Much!, my least favorite game. I was pleasantly surprised when they revealed Balance Game. Would have lost it too, though.

Also, when they were moving back the Wheel after the first Showcase Showdown, they put it behind Door #1 and revealed the main Swap Meet sign. Guess they don't mind revealing an upcoming game to the in-studio audience at times.

I would just like to say that seeing Punch a Bunch in person was wonderful. Such an iconic game.

Also got to meet Quinton and his wife at a later taping. They were such a nice couple. I hated he didn't win Side By Side. Soon as they revealed the trip I knew it had to be Side By Side based on the staging. The first game I ever got to see in person!

I will be in the audience on Wednesday's and Friday's shows, so I will post about those when they air.

Great stuff!

I felt so badly for Zachery!  He was such a fun guy!  I picked the sodas as well.  It's too bad that time constraints edit what we see at home.  People who have attended Drew tapings have said that he is AWESOME during commercial breaks and really interacts with everybody well.  It's too bad that we can't get the show back up to its 45-48 minutes of time from the Barker era.

If that were to happen, I would have more of an emotional connection to the show than I do now.  Drew being rushed and people believing that he is rushed, don't realize the on-air time that is now lost because of more commercials mandated.

Joe

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 01:58:53 PM »
Great stuff!

I felt so badly for Zachery!  He was such a fun guy!  I picked the sodas as well.  It's too bad that time constraints edit what we see at home.  People who have attended Drew tapings have said that he is AWESOME during commercial breaks and really interacts with everybody well.  It's too bad that we can't get the show back up to its 45-48 minutes of time from the Barker era.

If that were to happen, I would have more of an emotional connection to the show than I do now.  Drew being rushed and people believing that he is rushed, don't realize the on-air time that is now lost because of more commercials mandated.

Joe

Hahaha!

Drew forgetting what the scale was called in Balance Game!   Calling it a "Balance Thingy" and than quickly correcting it while laughing hysterically that it was indeed a SCALE was one of the funniest moments I have seen from him!  Was that edited in any way?

Joe

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 02:53:03 AM »
Swap Meet slot #6? I Don't remember the last time...

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 03:36:05 AM »
Was that edited in any way?

Not that I recall. They didn't edit out any of Vend-o-Price either, which made for good tv!

Yes, Drew is awesome in person!
1,698 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!