Author Topic: Going to see The Price is Right LIVE!  (Read 5898 times)

Offline IndianaPriceFan64

• In the Audience
Going to see The Price is Right LIVE!
« on: February 12, 2019, 03:35:54 PM »
Hello

I am so EXCITED!!!!  I wanted to share the news with the message board. I hope that I am posting this in the right place.  But, I am going to go see The Price Is Right LIVE when it comes to Indianapolis, Indiana on February 22 (next Friday)!  This will be my first time ever seeing the LIVE stage show. I know it won't be the same as seeing the actual show in Los Angeles with Drew Carey, but I hope that I will have just as much as fun!   

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Going to see The Price is Right LIVE!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 04:05:23 PM »
I've been to the show twice and I'm sure you will have a good time! Remember to get there early to register to be a contestant, 2 to 3 hours early if you can.

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 04:21:44 PM »
Thank you, JayC.  The show starts at 7 p.m. (EST) and I plan on leaving around 4 p.m.   I also forgot to mention that I have a front row seat near the stage and contestants row. I am taking a cousin of mine with me as well.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 06:29:51 PM »
I've seen the stage show three times:  Once in 2012 in Wallingford, CT, once in 2016 in Lowell, MA, and once in 2017, in Providence, RI (with our very own Prizes!).  Todd Newton hosted, while Randy West announced the Connecticut show.  Jerry Springer hosted, while Andy Martello announced the Massachusetts and Rhode Island shows.

It's a fun show, and you'll get a kick out of shouting prices, numbers, products, and guesses at the stage, just like the real TV show.  There can be very exciting wins, too!  For example, at the Massachusetts show, there was a Triple Implication in Any Number, where each prize has just one digit left unrevealed, and the contestant picked the right number to win a trip to Las Vegas.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 06:33:26 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 06:50:41 PM »
I've been to the show twice and I'm sure you will have a good time! Remember to get there early to register to be a contestant, 2 to 3 hours early if you can.

Hello JayC  I heeded your advice, and I let my friend who is going with me (and driving) know that it would be best to get there 2 to 3 hours early. That should give us enough time to register to be contestants.

Offline DRPrice

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 07:19:54 PM »
     Jerry Springer?  Really??

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 07:33:40 PM »
I went to one years ago with my mom in Atlantic City.  We had a lot of fun.  David Ruprecht of Supermarket Sweep hosted.  I said that I am a big fan of Supermarket Sweep.  He was really nice.  I have an autographed picture in my kitchen and a sweatshirt he signed in my bedroom.  I'll definitely go again if he is hosting. 

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 11:40:49 AM »
As the day grows nearer, I was just wondering, what are the requirements to receive prizes if you are a contestant on stage to play a pricing game? Also, do you need to take any documentation along to prove income or age or anything? 

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 04:54:39 PM »
You just need to register beforehand and be at least 18 years old. All you need is your driver's license or other official ID to claim prizes.

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 08:45:27 PM »
You just need to register beforehand and be at least 18 years old. All you need is your driver's license or other official ID to claim prizes.

Thank you! I am definitely over 18 and do have a valid driver's license. :)

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 09:20:26 PM »
I am getting more excited for Friday to be here!!!   :P :P :P  I cannot wait!  I even went ahead and am having T shirts made with the shows logo on the front with the words "PICK ME!" on it, for me and my cousin who is attending the show with me.  This is going to be somewhat bittersweet too, as I had wanted to attend with my mother for the past few years, but her health hadn't been the greatest, and sadly, she passed away almost a year ago, she passed in April 2019  :-( .  So, my being able to attend the show, I feel she will be with me in my heart.   

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 10:53:34 PM »
Contestants on the live show are chosen randomly unlike the TV show, but I'm sure they'll appreciate the effort with the shirts :D

Very sorry to hear about your mother, she'll be there with you in spirit.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 12:59:59 AM »
They are coming to Augusta next month. Be sure to writea review on here. Wonder who the host will be?
1,719 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 02:21:02 AM »
I am getting more excited for Friday to be here!!!   :P :P :P  I cannot wait!  I even went ahead and am having T shirts made with the shows logo on the front with the words "PICK ME!" on it, for me and my cousin who is attending the show with me.  This is going to be somewhat bittersweet too, as I had wanted to attend with my mother for the past few years, but her health hadn't been the greatest, and sadly, she passed away almost a year ago, she passed in April 2019  :-( .  So, my being able to attend the show, I feel she will be with me in my heart.
Your mother is still alive because when I'm typing this, it is Thursday February 21st, 2019. So how can your mother be dead in April 2019 when that month has not even arrived yet.
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 02:37:20 AM »
Your mother is still alive because when I'm typing this, it is Thursday February 21st, 2019. So how can your mother be dead in April 2019 when that month has not even arrived yet.

I wonder if it was a typo and they meant to say April 2018.