Author Topic: CBS Television City history  (Read 2304 times)

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
CBS Television City history
« on: February 17, 2019, 07:46:18 PM »
Much historical information about CBS Television City (now just “Television City” since the sale of the complex) is in this Los Angeles Cultural Heritage Commission report.

http://planning.lacity.org/StaffRpt/CHC/2018/5-3-2018/CBSTelevisionCity_7800Beverly_FINAL.pdf

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CBS Television City history
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 04:49:47 PM »
Very interesting info in there.  And in its letter at the end, it sounds like CBS wants to exclude Stages 36 and 46 from any historical designation.  I wonder if they are thinking of demolishing them at some point and selling that plot or building something else.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans to update the Shows section of the Television City website at some point and expand it past 2015?  It's an invaluable resource.

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: CBS Television City history
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 07:47:51 PM »
That all these CBS luminaries were gathered together in one place seems reason enough for Television City to receive landmark status. Imagine the complexities of scheduling all these people. The place is hallowed ground.

“CBS on the Air” promo:

Open:

Close (incomplete):

Out of curiosity, are there any plans to update the Shows section of the Television City website at some point and expand it past 2015?  It's an invaluable resource.
I am not aware of plans to update the CBS Television City web site. Now that Television City has a new owner, it seems less likely that CBS would maintain the site.

I have wondered whether the Television City sale includes fixed assets (equipment and wiring) within the buildings. And does CBS continue to control studio rentals for the next five years? The purchase and sale agreement would be insightful on these questions.