Author Topic: Will we see Price reruns on Buzzr in 2020? (will explain)  (Read 11489 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Will we see Price reruns on Buzzr in 2020? (will explain)
« on: February 17, 2019, 08:27:38 PM »
So thinking about what shows Buzzr should acquire in the near future....and I mentioned it in the thread about it in OILF, but think it deserves its' own thread really too here, I have a theory. Assuming it could be pulled off, I think there's a chance Price reruns could return next year. Reason being, they've reaired Classic Concentration and now Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour on anniversary years of both airing for last time, 25 for CC, and 35 for MG/HS. Price will have been off air in repeats at least 20 years next year, so I am thinking if they were to bring it back....that may be the time they do it so they can market it as a big deal like these others. Logistics could make it difficult course, but I can see it occurring if they can work through that. It'd make a ton of sense to do it this way to me.

Anyone else think it's possible we'll see it like this? I'm hoping so anyway. Could be wrong, this is merely a theory mind, but the timing checks out at least around it based on what they've done the last 2 years now.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: Will we see Price reruns on Buzzr in 2020? (will explain)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 08:42:06 PM »
Price will have been off air in repeats at least 20 years next year,
Regular repeats, yes, but given that CBS showed a 1975 half-hour episode after the 2002 Pillsbury Bake-Off, it would only truly be 18 years.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 09:20:31 PM »
Regular repeats, yes, but given that CBS showed a 1975 half-hour episode after the 2002 Pillsbury Bake-Off, it would only truly be 18 years.

I doubt most casual viewers would remember that. That's fair though, but I think it would be treated as 20 for all intents and purposes here.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 10:29:21 PM »
I'd chalk it up to coincidence more than anything. Patterns get recognized after the fact.

In a theoretical world where they got clearance to air Price reruns tomorrow, they'd get hyped no matter what. It doesn't become more or less significant just cause it wouldn't be "a round number from when it last aired."
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 10:34:54 PM »
I don't think the time since the show was last rerun is considered a milestone. A more plausible time would be in 2021 to coincide with the show's 50th season.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 10:41:02 PM »
I don't think the time since the show was last rerun is considered a milestone. A more plausible time would be in 2021 to coincide with the show's 50th season.

Possibly....could maybe see that too. Like I said, could be wrong, but was just something I picked up on and wondered if the trend might extend to this. Time will tell.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 11:36:09 AM »
Could Buzzr run into red tape with CBS because of the fact that the show is still being produced?

Whether they acquire the series or not, it's a shame that the first episode can't be rerun.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 11:56:43 AM »
What makes me laugh is at the live stage show, they air BUZZR promos and the host says the show is affiliated with BUZZR.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 12:01:27 PM »
Whether they acquire the series or not, it's a shame that the first episode can't be rerun.
Bob could be willing to make an exception on the fur ban given the show's 50th anniversary if they did air classic episodes in celebration. Would the fur ban still be intact when Bob passes on?

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 12:16:05 PM »
Could Buzzr run into red tape with CBS because of the fact that the show is still being produced?

Probably, likely is part of why it's not on the schedule now. Although they did get rights to show the current Match Game recently so.....there could be some precedent for Price there with that. But who knows for sure.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 08:14:09 AM »
Perhaps the Cullen version or one the syndie versions might surface, and that would be good enough for me. There's also no Barker-related red tape to get through as well except for the late '70s nighttime run.

But then again, GSN is milking out relatively recent Wheel from over the past couple years, though of course, that doesn't have a network associated with it.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Sizeman

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 09:02:54 AM »
Wonder if Bob (or the Estate) would get any residuals from his episodes airing again, especially those when he was Executive Producer.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 12:34:44 PM »
It's a very small window of what he would allow, at least initially. Starting around 1996, at Season 25 and continuing until his retirement, is the most likely timeframe, as by then, the show offered only American cars, Holly was let go in the middle of Season 24, and we all know about his stance on animal rights.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 01:39:31 PM »
It's a very small window of what he would allow, at least initially. Starting around 1996, at Season 25 and continuing until his retirement, is the most likely timeframe, as by then, the show offered only American cars, Holly was let go in the middle of Season 24, and we all know about his stance on animal rights.

I would wonder too if Drew's shows would get a play. He's been on it for about 12 years now (which is crazy to think about lol), and they have already shown the current Match Game once, so it wouldn't be without precedent to run these too. I imagine be a lot less red tape to do it as well relatively when compared to Bob's run.

Offline iluvpir

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 03:12:44 AM »
Many months ago now, around last summer if I remember correct, I received an email from Buzzr with a survey about current and future programming. There were quite a few questions where they asked about what your favorite gameshows were and which you'd like to see aired on the network in the future. On most of them the first choice in the list was "Classic The Price is Right starring Bob Barker." I'd assume they are certainly interested in getting Price on the air at some point.