Author Topic: Will we see Price reruns on Buzzr in 2020? (will explain)  (Read 11408 times)

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Will we see Price reruns on Buzzr in 2020? (will explain)
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2019, 07:40:41 PM »
...and at broadcast quality.

Don’t get me wrong, some of the newer uploads of late have been of pretty stellar quality, but there’s a lot of hot garbage out there.  I love the nostalgia, but some uploads are just about too poor of quality to sit through.

It's a lot like records, where quality can very from the "Near Mint" (NM) ones with the "stellar" quality that you mention with no tracking lines and/or sound issues unless if a problem by the local station or CBS along with full frame resolution, to the "Very Good" (VG) ones with a few minor issues like a few minor tracking lines that are not noticeable on sight unless if a closer encounter and a resolution that isn't quite up to the original broadcast standard but still very acceptable, to the "Good" ones that may have a few more noticeable problems like frequent tracking lines, occasional sound buzzing, and some resolution problems like less than 30 FPS, yet still watchable, to the "Fair" ones with significant problems like occasional video and sound dropouts, snowy pictures, and a picture resolution that isn't up to par, to the "Poor, but somewhat viewable" with major problems where it's too poor of a quality to sit through except for the cases of material that isn't otherwise available such as the wiped shows that only circulate through private recordings.

Generally speaking, anything that is VG or NM in my grading guide could be rerun on BUZZR. For old kinescopic recordings, there's pretty much no difference between VG and NM due to the primitive recording techniques. I've seen some minor tracking lines on some of the Classic Concentration episodes for example. "Good" is acceptable for trading but not for broadcast, with the "Fair" and "Poor" ones only for those who really would like such a rare item and not recommended for trade if a superior quality copy exists. Some examples of "poor" episodes for example are the April 9, 1984 episode (the Balance Game premiere) and the second half of the first trial hour show. The Season 13 and 14 premieres are barely in the "Fair" due to the weak video for the former and poor audio for the later. Most YT uploads that you see are probably in the "Good" range and are quite watchable, with the "HQ" uploads often into the Very Good range. 
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/