Author Topic: Rat Race question  (Read 2911 times)

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
Rat Race question
« on: February 18, 2019, 05:09:58 PM »
My apologizes if this has already been answered; I didn't see an answer on the FAQ.

Does the contestant win the small prizes? Do they get a prize for guessing correctly on it, or is it somehow determined on how well their rats finish? What about the grocery prize? I know this is all small stuff, but I'm curious.

Online Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: Rat Race question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 05:36:10 PM »
I would assume they do.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 05:45:06 PM »
If the contestant bids within the given parameters on an item, then they win that item.

When I was there, if the contestant won the the $10-range and/or $100-range prizes, then they received the physical prize(s). If they won the grocery item, then they received cash in the amount of the grocery item (it's easier to write a check for $2.89 than to figure out how to ship a package of cheese to the winner's home).
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 11:00:27 PM »
If the contestant bids within the given parameters on an item, then they win that item.

When I was there, if the contestant won the the $10-range and/or $100-range prizes, then they received the physical prize(s). If they won the grocery item, then they received cash in the amount of the grocery item (it's easier to write a check for $2.89 than to figure out how to ship a package of cheese to the winner's home).
Do contestants get a check for the price of the GP in other games as well or just Rat Race?

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 01:01:06 PM »
Do contestants get a check for the price of the GP in other games as well or just Rat Race?

Just Rat Race.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 10:20:40 PM »
This is interesting to me about being paid for the grocery item in Rat Race!  Awesome stuff!

I kind of wish they would have made the game either all grocery item based or all small prize based though.