Author Topic: Going to see The Price is Right LIVE!  (Read 5897 times)

Offline IndianaPriceFan64

• In the Audience
Re: Going to see The Price is Right LIVE!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 09:08:29 AM »
Your mother is still alive because when I'm typing this, it is Thursday February 21st, 2019. So how can your mother be dead in April 2019 when that month has not even arrived yet.

It was a typo. I meant to type April 2018.  I don't know how to go back and correct it.  Sorry.  :cry:

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 12:48:20 PM »
There is an edit button in the top right corner.

Regardless, let's get back to the topic.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 03:45:39 PM »
In a few more hours I will be at The Price is Right. I am just waiting for my friend to come and pick me up!  We are going to try and get there 2 hours before show time, which is at 7:30 p.m.  EST.  I will post how things went later tonight or tomorrow. 

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 12:26:10 PM »
Well, I had a blast attending my very first The Price Is Right Live! Show at Clowes Hall at the Butler University Campus in Indianapolis. It was a great show!   Todd Newton was the host, and I got to say when they were choosing who should have succeeded Bob Barker after he retired in 2017, I believe Todd would have been a wise choice. He did an excellent job!!!   I cannot recall the name of who the announcer was, all I can say is that he is unknown in the industry, which I got that information from Randy West. Now here's how things went.....

The first four contestants were called down and the first game to be played was Punch-A-Bunch. The contestant was only able to get 3 punches as she incorrectly guessed one of the prices of a prize. On her first punch, she got $50; on her second punch she got $500; on her third punch (which the audience was screaming for her to go for it!) she dropped down $100.

The second game played was Any Number, the contestant who played this game ended up winning the second prize offered instead of the top prize which was a 55" Sony TV. 

The third game played was my favorite....PLINKO!   The contestant playing this game only got 3 chips and ended up winning $500.

Then the showcase showdown occurred and no one got $1.00 on the wheel, but one came very, very close. She landed on .05 cents and in the second spin ended up on .80 cents with her moving on into the showcase round along with a male contestant. 

The showcase offered a trip to Paris, refrigerator along with smaller kitchen appliances and finally...A NEW CAR! 

The female contestant came very close to winning ALL OF IT, as she was very close the exact cost of the showcase. IF she had been within $100 of the actual retail price, she would have won everything offered, but since she wasn't, she only won the trip to Paris, refrigerator and appliances.

Needless to say, this was an exciting night. And, if they come back to Indianapolis, I am definitely making plans to attend again!   For those of you who are considering going for the first time --- GO!  You won't regret it!  :)