Author Topic: TPIR may be coming to Buzzr  (Read 7595 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
TPIR may be coming to Buzzr
« on: February 25, 2019, 03:01:06 PM »
I learned my lesson with the Press Your Luck Fandom fiasco, so, please, take this with a medium-sized grain of salt.

The TV Passport listings for Buzzr for 3/8/2019 show the Cullen TPIR on at 8:00 PM.  The schedule for Thursday, March 7 is the same as the current one. Body Language also appears to return as well.

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/buzzr-tv/15543/2019-03-08
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 03:07:32 PM by tpir04 »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline TVFavorites

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Game Show Favorites
Re: TPIR may be coming to Buzzr
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 04:09:09 PM »
Buzzr has confirmed the news on facebook:

"We’re celebrating some #BUZZR firsts on #InternationalWomensDay highlighting incredible women in game show history... More to come!"

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 07:34:47 PM »
UPDATE: The Monday, March 11 schedule for Buzzr seems to revert back to the existing lineup. My advice: Catch it while you can!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 08:13:15 PM »
Buzzr has confirmed the news on facebook:

"We’re celebrating some #BUZZR firsts on #InternationalWomensDay highlighting incredible women in game show history... More to come!"

By that I am guessing they are gonna run Arlene Francis's Price is Right hosting gig. Might be all they do but shall see.

Offline IndianaPriceFan64

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 08:45:13 PM »
I wish they would run the episodes featuring Bob, Johnny, Rod, Janice, Dian, Holly & Kathleen.   :-(

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 11:16:02 PM »
By that I am guessing they are gonna run Arlene Francis's Price is Right hosting gig. Might be all they do but shall see.
Assuming her episode was February 1, 1961, then yes.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 08:30:09 AM »
Assuming her episode was February 1, 1961, then yes.

Looking at the episode guide, Her episodes were January 9th through the 27th of 1961. February 1st's episode seems to have been pre-empted or interrupted with an NBC News Bulletin.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:33:50 AM by Thatgameshowguy »
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 10:13:49 AM »

Looking at the episode guide, Her episodes were January 9th through the 27th of 1961. February 1st's episode seems to have been pre-empted or interrupted with an NBC News Bulletin.

I don't know what episode guide you are looking at, but those dates are wrong. The primetime version was on Wednesday nights at 8:30 for the 1960-61 season. January 9 and 27 are not on Wednesday (in fact, they aren't even the same day of the week!). February 1st is.

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 10:27:37 AM »
Just addendum: If this was your source, then those dates referred to the daytime version, which does not exist. We are only talking about the primetime run here.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 11:06:04 AM »
Just addendum: If this was your source, then those dates referred to the daytime version, which does not exist. We are only talking about the primetime run here.
It was, although it does mark that Arlene Francis did host a few primetime episodes during the same month. My apologies about getting primetime and daytime mixed up.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 12:51:02 AM »
Hot off the presses, here is a promo and it does indeed have a clip from that episode within, plus a lot of other goodies!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:53:17 AM by NicholasM79 »

Offline vnisanian2001

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 03:43:59 PM »
I've got a question: If all Holly and Dian episodes were banned by Barker, how was GSN able to show them throughout the late 1990's? Didn't someone say not a single clip of Holly was seen in the 25th anniversary special?

And David Levine and Cliff Mac, who worked on the BCI DVD both said the rumor about banned models wasn't a rumor.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 07:37:59 PM »
I've got a question: If all Holly and Dian episodes were banned by Barker, how was GSN able to show them throughout the late 1990's?
Just to make people like you ask stupid questions like these.

Offline vnisanian2001

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2019, 08:52:38 PM »
Just to make people like you ask stupid questions like these.

It was not a stupid question, Bryce. It was a valid one.

Think about it. Barker supposedly forbade CBS from showing any Holly and Dian clips in the 25th Anniversary special, but when GSN started airing the show, he then says, "You can show Holly and Dian as long as the episodes don't have any furs". How did this happen?

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2019, 12:15:12 AM »
Holly and Dian weren't generally shown Because Bob would have been actively involved in the selection of clips and videos for the 25th Anniversary special and could easily say "Nope, not airing that".  As the EP and per his talent agreement if he wanted to sit in a production meeting and say "Don't show Dian", they aren't showing Dian. It's not "forbidding CBS", it's "sat in a production meeting and said "don't feature them, and if you can avoid showing them even better"'. Although a quick 15 second skim of the episode on Youtube without even trying shows Holly is in the background of at least one clip (a Hole in One playing).