Author Topic: Card Sharks next to return  (Read 6534 times)

Offline jaywilliams

• In Contestant's Row
Card Sharks next to return
« on: February 25, 2019, 08:12:46 PM »
I just read this evening on buzzer blog thatCard Sharks is the next classic game heading for a reboot. One issue I have about this, I personally cannot see this as a prime time offering; my gut feeling is that it will be a new daytime version and will likely be on NBC, paired up with the first new version of Concentration in nearly 30 years, as a new one-hour game show block, replacing the third hour of Today. The other choice would be first-run syndication paired as a two hour block with Steve Harvey's Family Feud, Alec Baldwin's Match Game and a new Press Your Luck.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:22:45 PM by jaywilliams »
Jay Williams

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: Card Sharks next to return
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 08:54:04 PM »
I think Match Game and Family Feud should be paired together. IMO it makes more sense, whether or not it is feasible. Family Feud did evolve from the Super Match, as we all know.

...paired up with the first new version of Concentration in nearly 30 years, as a new one-hour game show block...

May I ask your source? I have not seen anything about a new Concentration.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:56:19 PM by tpir04 »
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 09:02:19 PM »
I just read this evening on buzzer blog thatCard Sharks is the next classic game heading for a reboot. One issue I have about this, I personally cannot see this as a prime time offering; my gut feeling is that it will be a new daytime version and will likely be on NBC, paired up with the first new version of Concentration in nearly 30 years, as a new one-hour game show block, replacing the third hour of Today. The other choice would be first-run syndication paired as a two hour block with Steve Harvey's Family Feud, Alec Baldwin's Match Game and a new Press Your Luck.

There is zero chance NBC News is relinquishing an hour of Today at this juncture. Even sans Kathie Lee, the fourth hour isn't going away, at least not in the near term. Nor is Alec Baldwin hosting daily show, nor is it confirmed Press Your Luck is daily.

Offline ThomHuge

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 09:02:42 PM »
For those interested, here is the post on Buzzer Blog that mentions this:

http://buzzerblog.com/2019/02/25/card-sharks-revival-casting/

"Concentration" is not mentioned.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 09:20:03 PM »
remember, he mentioned a "gut feeling"

Offline ThomHuge

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 09:24:58 PM »
remember, he mentioned a "gut feeling"

When it's a "gut feeling" that seems completely at odds with reality, you'll forgive me for being a little dubious.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 10:40:17 PM »
I personally cannot see this as a prime time offering
I don't see why Card Sharks couldn't be in primetime. If they make the Money Cards a high enough prize it would certainly fit in primetime.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 02:00:29 AM »
When it's a "gut feeling" that seems completely at odds with reality, you'll forgive me for being a little dubious.
At this point I'd consider any post from jaywilliams "a little dubious", given his posting history.

Offline jaywilliams

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 09:41:20 PM »
I think Match Game and Family Feud should be paired together. IMO it makes more sense, whether or not it is feasible. Family Feud did evolve from the Super Match, as we all know.

May I ask your source? I have not seen anything about a new Concentration.
No source but it is my personal two cents and opinion other than a wiki rumor from last summer that leaked a new Concentration with Stephen Cobair, but that is nothing but a wiki rumor, but we have had no remake of Concentration in nearly 30 years so it is time that NBC and NBCUniversal considers it, again my two cents.
Jay Williams

Offline jaywilliams

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 09:43:55 PM »
There is zero chance NBC News is relinquishing an hour of Today at this juncture. Even sans Kathie Lee, the fourth hour isn't going away, at least not in the near term. Nor is Alec Baldwin hosting daily show, nor is it confirmed Press Your Luck is daily.
There might not be a choice for NBC but to give up the third and possibly fourth hours of Today. It is time for NBC to start exploring other daytime programming options, including game shows.
Jay Williams

Offline IndianaPriceFan64

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 09:48:16 PM »
 I can confirm that indeed Card Sharks is in the works for a reboot to be aired on ABC.  I got this information from Randy West. :) He has information on his facebook page on being a contestant.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 09:52:28 PM by IndianaPriceFan64 »

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 12:18:32 AM »
No source but it is my personal two cents and opinion other than a wiki rumor from last summer that leaked a new Concentration with Stephen Cobair, but that is nothing but a wiki rumor, but we have had no remake of Concentration in nearly 30 years so it is time that NBC and NBCUniversal considers it, again my two cents.
You really need to stop...

Offline jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 05:00:16 AM »
Holy smokes. This is exciting news. First PYL, now Card Sharks..... can we have $ale of the Century back?

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 09:08:46 AM »
Yaaaaay! We are in desperate need of some oldies but goodies. :)
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 09:37:28 AM »
There might not be a choice for NBC but to give up the third and possibly fourth hours of Today. It is time for NBC to start exploring other daytime programming options, including game shows.
That's....not how any of this works.

NBC just announced Kathie Lee's replacement. That hour is going nowhere. NBC makes serious money off the Today franchise, and until such time as that's not the case, they most certainly are not in a position of "having no choice."