Author Topic: Sad story - final Barker era Showcase winner is accused of stabbing her husband  (Read 492 times)

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Denise Leveque, who won the Showcase on Bob's final show, faces felony charges for allegedly stabbing her husband in the back over an argument about a vacation they took last Christmas.

Full story here.  It's dated February 2, 2019, so it's not breaking news, but I just learned of it recently.

This may not be the type of Price-related story you want to read about, but I thought it would be of interest to Golden Road readers because of Denise's place in Price history as the last contestant to win the Showcase during Bob Barker's tenure as host.

Here's a screenshot of Denise the way we'd all like to remember her... as the big winner of that historic final show. (On the left is her husband Loren.)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 12:56:33 AM by COINBOYNYC »
"Now folks, I want to thank you very, very much for inviting me into your homes for the last 50 years.  I am deeply grateful.  And please remember - help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.  Goodbye, everybody!"
- Bob Barker signs off for the last time, June 15, 2007