Author Topic: Simple Questions & Answers Thread  (Read 108911 times)

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Simple Questions & Answers Thread
« Reply #435 on: February 10, 2021, 07:27:54 PM »
Whichever one they want, as long as it's not taken.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #436 on: February 10, 2021, 07:29:53 PM »
When the first four contestants are called down (pre-COVID with an audience present), do they have to stand at the podiums based on the order they were called (first called goes to red, second called blue, third called yellow, fourth called green)?

Or, do they just go to whatever podium they want to when running down to the podiums?

- actpir
Anywhere they want, so long as it hasn't already been taken by one of the contestants before them.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • pain
« Reply #437 on: February 10, 2021, 07:37:01 PM »
Secondary hypothesis: I think they are more or less directed to go to a specific podium, since the majority of the episodes this season have gone red, yellow, blue, green or yellow, red, green, blue, and recently some contestants have gone toward one podium and then jetted to another out of nowhere. However, there are have been a couple of aberrations to suggest that if they don't see where their directed to go to, the show doesn't reshoot and just goes with it.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

HYO total winnings: $probably like $200k + Canadian dollars

Real life winnings: $300 + $800 in gift cards

Offline BillyGr

« Reply #438 on: February 10, 2021, 07:45:10 PM »
Secondary hypothesis: I think they are more or less directed to go to a specific podium, since the majority of the episodes this season have gone red, yellow, blue, green or yellow, red, green, blue, and recently some contestants have gone toward one podium and then jetted to another out of nowhere. However, there are have been a couple of aberrations to suggest that if they don't see where their directed to go to, the show doesn't reshoot and just goes with it.

Seems the most sensible would be to fill the two middle ones first (whichever is closer to the side you come out), just since then the 3rd & 4th contestants wouldn't be walking behind the others to get to their spots.  Not that it probably matters as all are spaced out pretty well, just a bit less passing interaction that way.

Offline actpir

• Outside in Line
« Reply #439 on: February 10, 2021, 07:48:31 PM »
Note: Piggybacking off my question after reading the responses (thank you to those who have responded). Again, asking this regarding pre-COVID audiences.

So, if the first four can go to whatever podium they want to (assuming they are not directed where to go), the first one called could go to the green podium, letting them bid last during the 'one bid'?

- actpir
First, Wheel of Fortune (Season 37, 08/03/2020) - Now, will I get the chance to "Come on Down"?

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #440 on: February 10, 2021, 08:41:19 PM »
So, if the first four can go to whatever podium they want to (assuming they are not directed where to go), the first one called could go to the green podium, letting them bid last during the 'one bid'?
Could and frequently did (on pre-Covid recaps, look for a note towards the top about "first four order" or something like that).

Offline JhayPrice

• The contestant must win, must always win.
« Reply #441 on: February 10, 2021, 11:44:34 PM »
Is there any Dice Game wipeout with all four guesses in the numbers incorrect? I've never seen any playing since the game's inception, since the odds of failing to guess one right or roll a number exactly right would be very low.