Author Topic: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV  (Read 356341 times)

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Price is Right: The Barker Era on Pluto TV
« Reply #1605 on: January 22, 2024, 02:16:46 PM »
Apparently, the latest round of episodes from Season 14, beginning with the October 14, 1985 episode (5841D) are slated to be airing on the Pluto/Samsung feed beginning early tomorrow morning according to the guide by Samsung, with a bunch of new episodes through November 19 (5892D) as part of a bulk drop pattern that was more similar to the drops seen during 2021-early 2022. So far, 5881D (the first day of the 1985 Home Viewers Showcase and the first with Gene Wood announcing) appears to be the only skip so far, and thankfully, it does circulate in original broadcast form. We may be seeing the "red buses and bridge game" after all, in addition to the final playing of Trader Bob to wrap up this round of episodes. Like what was done previously, we may then receive around another 20 episodes or so in about three weeks. Get ready for the new Danger Price, Card Game, Safe Crackers, and Grocery Game sets along with the zooming "Ten Thousand" graphic to introduce Grand Game.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1606 on: January 22, 2024, 02:29:26 PM »
Like what was done previously, we may then receive around another 20 episodes or so in about three weeks.

And will we, at long last, finally see the '85-'86 announcer auditions, which I am pretty sure have not been seen since their original broadcasts, and finally clear up the assumptions on who announced when before Rod was named permanent announcer?
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #1607 on: January 22, 2024, 07:11:31 PM »
Worth noting the Plex feed does not correlate any of this, 5835 is airing 1/24 at 3:40AM, then 6083 (redemption), then back to 4682.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1608 on: January 22, 2024, 08:12:56 PM »
Guess we have to wait & see.  Especially without an official announcement.  I'll be up anyway in the 6:00 AM hour EST.  However, I think I definitely will not be watching all day, though I didn't mind the all-day bulk thing (whatever you call it when they dropped 24-25 hours of consecutive content).  It was more convenient at the beginning of the decade, but the move to 2 hours from 8-10 PM Eastern was easier for several to catch more episodes the first time around. 

I wasn't a fan of the weekend being included with that format (I would have reran what would've been 10 episodes as a weekend marathon for those that couldn't catch it during the week).  Regardless, I'm looking forward to the episodes from Season 14 on Tuesday or whenever they get to it
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #1609 on: January 23, 2024, 07:35:12 AM »
I just tuned into the channel on Pluto and they're back to Season 11.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 08:10:12 AM by SamJ93 »

Offline dprice

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #1610 on: January 23, 2024, 12:35:03 PM »
When will they air episodes when Gene Wood, Rod Roddy, Rich Jefferies and Bob Hilton auditioned to be the permanent announcer?

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #1611 on: January 23, 2024, 01:18:21 PM »
There is no announcement for when those episodes will air.  While the optimism is that they could surface within the next couple of months, there is no word on when that will be
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline gsn93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #1612 on: January 25, 2024, 07:07:16 AM »
Well they are airing 0012D at the moment on the Pluto channel.
Total HYO Winnings: $101,775(as of 5/10/10)

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #1613 on: February 29, 2024, 12:00:40 PM »
It has been brought to attention that the channel has been inexplicably removed from Samsung TV+ for no apparent reason. I've reached out to the channel on Facebook and I am awaiting a response, because Samsung TV+ is my only means to watch the channel without constant freezing/crashing on PlutoTV.

Yes, I know that it is a serious crime around here to bump a thread that hasn't been busy for 30 days or more, but the rule says you should only do so if you have new/relevant information to bring to the thread...is it not?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 01:27:28 AM by whowouldeverhurtawhammy »
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #1614 on: February 29, 2024, 04:01:25 PM »
This thread regularly goes quiet for weeks/months at a time depending on when there's new episodes announced.  I feel that what you're experiencing is also good for people to know as well.

Have you looked into Freevee?  They have the  Barker era channel as well but I'm not sure if that app is available for Samsung smart TVs