Author Topic: Pricing Games Around The World  (Read 253080 times)

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
Re: Pricing Games Around The World
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2019, 08:43:40 PM »
I'm surprised how many countries that play One Away say that 0 is higher than 9.

The 2012 Australian playing I included had the following set up:

The setup for the 2005 Australian playing was probably just as strange, being $8886.   This also happened in another playing:

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2019, 09:58:22 PM »
Plinko
https://imgur.com/wkR64UT

Click for larger image:

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2019, 10:54:53 PM »
What the heck is up with the amounts on the German versions? Surely they weren't playing for 0-3 Deutschmarks/Euros a chip...

Also, I'd be interested to see how many other versions played Plinko like the UK did--where after accumulating cash, they must decide to either keep it or risk it on one last chip for a bonus prize (with the slots changed over to alternating WIN/LOSS).

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2019, 11:05:17 PM »
Definitely a lot of variation with the color schemes and sizes. For the countries that don't use Plinko as the name it would be interesting to see how they decided on the name. It seems like Spain 88's set has a lot more space between the spikes than there should be. France's sets look totally different from one to the next, the second makes me think of an inflatable raft. Estonia's set looks really small.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2019, 01:32:15 AM »
German Plinko was a three-prize game instead of a cash game -- you won each prize whose number got hit by at least one chip.

It looks like the '90s Netherlands version did something similar, although with both more prizes and more zeros.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2019, 02:22:19 AM »
It tells you the international influence of Plinko, but man, I'd love to see a foreign version that never did Plinko. Very unlikely though.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2019, 08:13:13 AM »
Notice no stills or video from the TQS (V Tele) version,Le Juste Prix

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2019, 09:11:00 AM »
Some of those Plinko sets are just weird, like both French versions and the Romanian one. The Greek set looks like it was shrunk in the wash.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2019, 10:33:38 AM »
I love the look of the logo for the Colombian one.

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2019, 10:55:16 AM »
It tells you the international influence of Plinko, but man, I'd love to see a foreign version that never did Plinko. Very unlikely though.

I noticed there was no shot of the game from the 80's UK version...it seems plausible that they never did it due to the strict regulations at the time. (They were also forced to stop using the Big Wheel for their Showcase Showdown because it was deemed too luck-based.)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2019, 12:47:56 PM »
Nope, Britain didn't have Plinko until Bruce's Price Is Right.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2019, 02:53:11 PM »
France '01 Plinko looks like someone mashed "Prince of Persia" with a pachinko machine.

I don't know WHAT is going on with the France '15 prop.
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2019, 04:43:46 PM »
I don't know WHAT is going on with the France '15 prop.

Here's another angle:

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2019, 05:31:20 PM »
What I like about this thread (and huge props) is that we're seeing how other countries interpret the games from the show. It doesn't make them wrong, but it's cool to see how they're influenced by the different versions of the show around the world or their own individual styles.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2019, 10:05:18 PM »
First off, I really like Spain's One Away. It is interesting how the numbers are revealed separately, each with its own compartment.

Now then, I have a lot to say regarding Plinko. First and foremost, Brosa, I thought you would save Plinko for last! Now the only one I can think of would be Golden Road, but only time will tell. Secondly, it is evident which sets are copied from the US prop, with the stripes on the sides. Also it is interesting to note how many hosts are up on top with the contestants.

Now for the intricacies:
     -Were there steps on the back of the Argentine prop?
     -Zig Zag is an interesting name for the Belgian Plinko as it is essentially what Plinko is.
     -I don't know what it is but I really like the look of the Colombian version. Maybe it's the simple but neat lowercase letters.
     -The 2001 France paint job makes the set look more like a pinball machine than anything else.
     -What were they trying to accomplish with the 2009 France design? At least straighten the set. Then maybe it won't look as bad.
     - I find it funny how Germany has this big set and the pegboard itself is so small.
     -Greece: There is a problem when the game board is only six feet tall. The color scheme is a favorite of mine, though.
     -Once again, the Indonesian prop is most accurate to the US set. But why put the tray so high?
     -Italy: It looks like the hostess is opening a door of some sort. Brosa, can you provide any insight on this?
     -Apparently, Mexico also had a Plinko turntable prop, at least until 1997.
     -The 2010 Mexico color scheme is another favorite of mine. Along with the set design, it looks more like a carnival theme than any other of the sets presented here.
     -The 1990s Netherlands picture is evidently from the children's episode. But other than that, I wonder why the pegboard is set so deep into the rest of the Plinko prop?
     - I'm not sure what to make of the 2000s Netherlands prop. Waaaay too much pink.
     -Pakistan copied from Bruce's UK set but I don't like either of them.
     -The Romanian Plinko has some long pegs. Brosa, was this played with balls instead of chips?
     - The Spain prop is an odd one. The board is longer than it is tall. The electronic scoreboard is neat, though.
     -The 2017 UK set is a neat one, with the fantastic shade of red and the different size circles.
     -Vietnam: So Dice Game is "Xuc Xac" and Plinko is "Zic Zac"? I'm sorry, but I can't help but smile.

CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!