Author Topic: Pricing Games Around The World  (Read 253059 times)

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Pricing Games Around The World
« Reply #435 on: March 07, 2022, 08:09:27 AM »
Man, I really miss that style of Clock Game. I do love how they added gear thingies to accentuate the base of the prop, but I don't quite get their point of doing so.

As a side note, I think that the show has sourced its fonts from the TPIR font repository. It's the only place I know of that has the font for the classic Lucky Seven numbers that they use on their Showcase board, the custom 3 Strikes logo font, and one for the eggcrate displays!

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #436 on: March 07, 2022, 04:07:53 PM »
Man, I really miss that style of Clock Game. I do love how they added gear thingies to accentuate the base of the prop, but I don't quite get their point of doing so.
Repeat after me: change for the sake of change.

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #437 on: April 17, 2022, 12:25:53 AM »
It looks like Germany is bring back its TPIR for 3 primetime episodes this year - trailer below.   Original host Harry Wijnvoord is back to host the episodes, 25 years after last hosting.  It appears the set will be the same as the 2017 revival, with the episodes each being 2 hours long with 12 games played.  The first two will air on 4 May and 8 June.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 12:34:25 AM by brosa0 »

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #438 on: April 17, 2022, 06:23:05 AM »
Another quick Promo of the German version. They are using the same announcer from the 2017 reboot. It's nice to see Harry return i remember many years ago he was pushing for the show to get rebooted.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #439 on: April 17, 2022, 03:12:55 PM »
That is definitely a colorful Big Wheel.

Two hours and 12 pricing games, hmm. Has any other version done that? We had a two hour show for the 50th anniversary special last September, but it was just six pricing games with clips and guest appearances.

Offline NewsDirector3287

• Outside in Line
« Reply #440 on: April 18, 2022, 10:33:26 PM »
Someone posted the premiere of the Italian version earlier this year or late last year, and it was two hours long as well, but only had 8 games.  I barely made it through that, so this seems like a bigger slog.  I wonder how they'll pull it off, it will be interesting to see.  This was one of the first international versions of Price I learned about when I joined the fandom years ago, so I'm glad to see it coming back again.  I've enjoyed this topic, it's been interesting to see the different interpretations of not just the games, but the show as a whole in different countries.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #441 on: April 19, 2022, 05:44:14 PM »
Someone posted the premiere of the Italian version earlier this year or late last year, and it was two hours long as well, but only had 8 games.  I barely made it through that, so this seems like a bigger slog.  I wonder how they'll pull it off, it will be interesting to see.  This was one of the first international versions of Price I learned about when I joined the fandom years ago, so I'm glad to see it coming back again.  I've enjoyed this topic, it's been interesting to see the different interpretations of not just the games, but the show as a whole in different countries.

They should've  made a few 1hour long episodes. I don't think the average viewer is going to sit and watch 2 hours of Price. I hope the episodes get posted on youtube
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 05:47:23 PM by Reloaden »

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #442 on: September 27, 2022, 08:46:58 AM »
Romania recently added Cover Up to its game lineup.   It's the only 4-digit version of Cover Up that I'm aware of as the others I've come across over the years have all been 5 or 6 digits. 

Offline bonkers77

« Reply #443 on: December 18, 2022, 05:29:29 AM »
Most Expen$ive (Caro Prezzo) Italy 1987

Picture size EDITED by Steve.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 01:22:01 PM by SteveGavazzi »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #444 on: December 18, 2022, 01:22:59 PM »
I'm not sure what's going on with that image, but it definitely didn't work.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline bonkers77

« Reply #445 on: December 23, 2022, 03:23:12 AM »

Offline theamazingracer

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #446 on: February 19, 2023, 06:29:30 AM »
Lucky Seven
https://imgur.com/bJoGuCv

Click for larger image:

The OG 90s Aussie Lucky Seven board just popped up in a promo compilation. I... quite like this one?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #447 on: April 26, 2023, 07:17:09 PM »
Small update here...I found a YouTube video of a commercial for a Greek version of the show, apparently from 1991.  Its sets appear to be based on the Crowther version, and as such, :14 seems to finally give us a full view of the British version of Penny Ante.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #448 on: April 28, 2023, 06:15:45 PM »
A Price is Right like show airs in Afghanistan, They don't have an announcer. They play the pricing games and show prizes on a video wall and use a physical Wheel for the showcase showdown.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #449 on: April 28, 2023, 09:51:26 PM »
A Price is Right like show airs in Afghanistan, They don't have an announcer. They play the pricing games and show prizes on a video wall and use a physical Wheel for the showcase showdown.

I saw this the other day when I was fiddling around on YouTube.  I can't quite figure out what's happening, but it looks like they play the same games in the same order on every episode.