Author Topic: Pricing Games Around The World  (Read 253152 times)

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
Re: Pricing Games Around The World
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2019, 04:16:00 AM »
Clock Game:
https://imgur.com/wj0BJIn

Click for larger image

Race Game:
https://imgur.com/rppfblP

Click for larger image

Bonkers:
https://imgur.com/zrNRjEG

Click for larger image

Time Is Money:
From the 2015 French series

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2019, 06:30:23 AM »
My knowledge of either language is very primitive, but do the names of the Mexican and Italian versions of Clock Game roughly translate to "Time Is Money?"

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2019, 07:34:04 AM »
Interesting stuff.  That 5th digit in Bonkers from Vietnam 2014 made me think about playing Bonkers in the US for a car.  Wonder if they would ever test that here.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2019, 08:14:28 PM »
My knowledge of either language is very primitive, but do the names of the Mexican and Italian versions of Clock Game roughly translate to "Time Is Money?"

The Mexican title means “Time is Gold”, so pretty much.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2019, 10:18:58 PM »
Been meaning to ask, does Thailand have two hosts?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2019, 10:57:04 PM »
Clock Game: Wow that's an interesting and strange mix of sets. Not sure I get Australia 03's castle motif. It looks like only a few tried to copy our original Clock Game set. Was Spain 88's set only that table with the timer?

Race Game: Mostly a mix of inspired by our set and a giant stopwatch rather than a jukebox. The racing motif for some of the French sets is nice.

Bonkers: Nothing super different from our set. Do the Chinese and Vietnamese names translate to bonkers?
That 5th digit in Bonkers from Vietnam 2014 made me think about playing Bonkers in the US for a car.  Wonder if they would ever test that here.
Hmm yeah, I wonder why they haven't tried 5 digit bonkers. They would just have to tack on an extra number for the first digit of the car or another 5 digit prize and it's otherwise played normally.

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2019, 03:54:44 AM »
Race Game Italy first season 83/84

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:58:22 AM by bonkers77 »

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2019, 10:13:36 AM »
Wonder what the story is with Australia's castle Clock Game set?  I like it, but it's nonetheless rather unusual. 

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2019, 04:01:44 PM »
Isn't anybody going to comment on how UK Leslie used the same set for Clock Game and Race Game? All you would need is a detachable Race Game sign and tape a Clock Game sign to the front and there you are! Anyway...

Clock Game:
     -Hmm...appears 1980 Brazil played it in front of the audience.
     -Germany's got a nice prop. Those lowercase letters are cool too.
     -Funny how Indonesia simply stuck a screen in the middle of their prop. I believe we saw that with Any Number, too.
     -I like the 1992 Italy prop. Just let me be. OK?
     -Sometimes 1988 Spain has some real doozies, other times their props are simple and minimalistic.
     -I've read in a few places that Time-Play wasn't exactly played like Clock Game. Brosa, can you give some insight?
     -The UK Bruce set looks like a wristwatch.

Race Game:
     -I can see a few similarities between NZ's Race Game and Shell Game.
   -Why the arrows on 1988 Spain? Perhaps it's to exemplify the fact that you need to GO, GO, GO!
     -Very interesting how Vietnam keeps their Big Wheel on one side of the stage. On that note, it looks very similar to ours, at least the one from 1989-2009(?)

Bonkers:
     -Netherlands 2000: Yes indeed, by all means, Hurry Up! But, yeah, the rest of the set looks like Swiss cheese.
     -Where are the paddles for UK Alan?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2019, 04:18:21 PM »
Isn't anybody going to comment on how UK Leslie used the same set for Clock Game and Race Game? All you would need is a detachable Race Game sign and tape a Clock Game sign to the front and there you are! Anyway...
Wow, you're right. Didn't notice that the first time. Not a bad idea really.

The Italian Race Game pic bonkers77 posted is actually pretty nice looking. It does make me think of a lighted makeup mirror though.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2019, 06:43:02 PM »
Time-Play was indeed different from Clock Game, which I'm under the impression it replaced at some point in the Crowther run.  The game was played with three prizes, and the clock didn't stop after the contestant got one right.

Also, I should point out that there isn't really a 2007 version of Der Preis Ist Heiss -- that picture of Race Game is actually from their Game Show Marathon.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2019, 08:59:03 AM »
Been meaning to ask, does Thailand have two hosts?

Yes, they do.  The youtube channel that hosts a lot of the Thailand episodes appears to be a fan's channel for the female host.

Clock Game: Not sure I get Australia 03's castle motif.

Do the Chinese and Vietnamese names translate to bonkers?

I always loved the castle motif of the Australian Clock Game (I'm guessing it alludes to a clock tower), except for the plain font used for the game's name which always seemed out of place.  Also, the clock is divided into 30 segments with one segment lighting up each second, so it wasn't a continuous countdown with fractions of a second possible like the American version.   Looking back on it, that Australian series made some interesting choices with its games, between the Clock Game prop and renaming Lucky Seven and Double Prices.

Pretty sure the Vietnamese name for Bonkers translates to 'Counting down'.

Clock Game:
     -Hmm...appears 1980 Brazil played it in front of the audience.

Bonkers:
     -Where are the paddles for UK Alan?

Yes I love Clock Game being played in the audience.  It's always fun to see the different staging of some of these versions.  It also appears that she is trying to price a grocery item.

The paddles are black like the dots, so are hard to see.  That said, that Bonkers prop from the Alan Carr pilot is one of my favourite international ones overall.

Here is the result of that Bonkers playing:

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2019, 03:10:23 PM »
France had access to the largest vane displays I've ever seen (Three Strikes and Race Game).
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2019, 12:14:07 AM »
5 Price Tags:
https://imgur.com/Q6dUPqO

Click for larger image

Money Game:
https://imgur.com/58pOiNG

Click for larger image

Offline bonkers77