Author Topic: Buzzr's International Womens Day  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Borusa

• In Contestant's Row
Buzzr's International Womens Day
« on: March 05, 2019, 10:57:03 PM »
Does anyone have any idea which host will be featured in the 1994 shows of Family Feud?

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Buzzr's International Womens Day
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 11:46:14 PM »
Does anyone have any idea which host will be featured in the 1994 shows of Family Feud?

If I had to guess, it'd be Dawson. Carol and Betty did a special Feud week that year.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 03:02:31 PM »
Buzzr did air four half-episodes of the Carol vs. Betty week of Richard Dawson's return season of Family Feud-that is, just the halves featuring Carol Burnett vs. Betty White captaining two celebrity teams (the first halves were with either returning families from the original Dawson era or the current champions vs. a challenging family). 

I was pleasantly surprised to see this version come to Buzzr, and it was the first time since 1995 I actually watched an episode of Dawson's return on TV.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 11:53:19 PM »
Buzzr did air four half-episodes of the Carol vs. Betty week of Richard Dawson's return season of Family Feud-that is, just the halves featuring Carol Burnett vs. Betty White captaining two celebrity teams (the first halves were with either returning families from the original Dawson era or the current champions vs. a challenging family). 

I was pleasantly surprised to see this version come to Buzzr, and it was the first time since 1995 I actually watched an episode of Dawson's return on TV.

They were returning families from original. Anytime they did a special week they brought back families for first half. Or do you know something I don't as far as them mixing and matching?

I wonder why they didn't run the full week incidentally. Just to have an even time slot? They did that with MG/HS Hour too, although that coulda been a different reason. Was great to see it again though all the same.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 08:47:07 AM »
I haven't seen enough of the run to determine if they always had two returning families from the original era, or a champion vs. challenging family in the first half, so I can't confirm. Maybe my memory's foggy, but from what was on YouTube over the years, I thought I saw the latter (champion family vs. a challenging family), but I should go back and watch to confirm or disprove my memory.

As for why only 4 of the 5 episodes aired, perhaps it was so they could fit a mini-marathon neatly in the afternoon, or as part of a leasing agreement for those episodes, only 4 episodes could be aired, rather than 5.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 08:34:06 PM »
I haven't seen enough of the run to determine if they always had two returning families from the original era, or a champion vs. challenging family in the first half, so I can't confirm. Maybe my memory's foggy, but from what was on YouTube over the years, I thought I saw the latter (champion family vs. a challenging family), but I should go back and watch to confirm or disprove my memory.

As for why only 4 of the 5 episodes aired, perhaps it was so they could fit a mini-marathon neatly in the afternoon, or as part of a leasing agreement for those episodes, only 4 episodes could be aired, rather than 5.

Do you mean for all shows or just specials? When it debuted I can tell you they started without returning champions (ala Louie Feud) and brought back returning families for the 1st half, then after about a month or so they brought back returning champions, at which point I presume they moved returning families to specials only so they could still include them.

And I suppose could be a leasing thing, I assumed more the former especially with how they like their even hour long slots or more in general for their marathons, but could be wrong.